Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey i found a 05 ninja 500 for 3 k around here, it has around 2600 miles aftermarkets lights/pipe etc. It has been droped once, i dont care its my first bike. my question is should I wait and fund something older? This is the first one i found that has not sold yet

there is a 05 ninja 250 for 2k but i am not sure if it is still for sale, ill find out on the 10th

will I learn on the 500 as well as I would with the 250?

dont want to sound like a bitch but im gettin nervous about taking the msf on the 22nd. Any insight/tips on msf?

thanks

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
have fun, enjoy yourself. you'll learn more.......

also wouldn't hurt to refresh yourself on riding and go ride your bicycle a bit......same principles

as for bike, ultimetly the 250 is better, but the 500 is OK, if it's an '05 500, thats cheap.......

·
Registered
131 Posts
Don't worry about the MSF course, you work your way up through everything starting with the engine off. They do a very good job of building you up even if you have zero experience. Just go in with a good attitude, and you'll do great.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
sounds like a good deal on the 500 if it is mechanically sound.

·
Registered
229 Posts
My experience might not translate directly to you, but I was a lot more comfortable riding the 250's provided by the MSF than I was when I got my GS500, and the GS is known to be a pretty good beginner bike. Then again, I tend to be overly cautious.

·
Registered
791 Posts
get the ex500, it'll be easier to resell.

·
Registered
336 Posts
im a 250 fan. lighter and more tossable. resale is pretty decent as well. they have been the same since '88. i got a new one because im too lazy to turn wrenches often.
they are all the same though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts