Sport Bikes banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2000 Ninja ZX-6 E-8.

I found this bike on onlinecycletrader.net and I'm trying to find more info about it. It's an E model instead of R so I assume it's a little more tame than a modern race replica. Is this a father or grandfather of a newer Ninja model? I also looked into the ZX-6r's also, but it doesn't seem to be too similar. Need a little expert help. "R" stands for "race or race replica" right...well what does the "E" usually indicate in the models?

Attachments

·
Registered
424 Posts
I don't know if the "E" actually stands for anything, but it is the tame, more street friendly version of the race replica bike, kind of like the new ZZR series. THe ergonomics will be a little more relaxed, and it won't have quite as much power as the "R". Other than that they're pretty similar. If you're not bent on getting the "super cool R" bike, the "E" will be plenty good for you. If you ride alot, it'll be way more comfortable, especially for commuting. If it looks to be in good shape, and has ben kept up on with the service and hasn't been abused, then go for it. If not keep looking. And just remember that the E and R are almost the same bike, just some slight differences.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Cam, from someone who's been riding Kawasakis for a while it sounds like you know your bikes.

·
Superbike fan
871 Posts
The way Kawasaki does there model years goes like this:

1985 Ninja 600R model was a ZX600A1. 1986 is ZX600A2. 1987 is ZX600A3.

So the letter is just a model designator. Between Ninja 600R's, ZX-6 Ninja and Ninja ZX-6R there is some overlap.

Starting in 1990 with the D model the topline 600 became known as the ZX-6.

The E model was started in 1993. In 2003 it became known as the ZZR600.

The R's came out as the topline bike in 1996 starting with the ZX600F.

Mine is a 2002 and it's a ZX600J3.

The new ZZR600 is a ZX600J4.

The 2003 ZX-6RR is the ZX600K1.

There's your history lesson for the day.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Someone's been doin' their homework :)

·
Superbike fan
871 Posts
Well, I owned an A1, my brother had a D1, a friend had an E something and now I have a J3. So, it's more of an experience thing. Oh yah, I like Ninjas.

·
Registered
424 Posts
My first bike was a '97 ZX-6R and was an awesome bike. Now I've got the '02 ZX-6R and it's even better than the '97. I'll definetly be riding green for a long time(though I'll never own a green bike, that color just isn't for me), basically forever unless Kawasaki does something really stupid, like stop making sportbikes! I've riden all the other manufacturer's and just love the Ninja's better than anything else out there. THe only thing I wish they'd do is drop the "Ninja" name and leave it at ZX-6R. I always remove the Ninja stickers as soon as I get my bike!

·
Registered
8 Posts
likebikes said:
The E model was started in 1993. In 2003 it became known as the ZZR600.

The R's came out as the topline bike in 1996 starting with the ZX600F.
Actually the ZX600F-1 was a 1995 model.

Speaking of overlap, to be specific. Both the D and E were produced and sold in 1993 in the US.

·
Registered
8 Posts
JSC_SLP said:
2000 Ninja ZX-6 E-8.

I found this bike on onlinecycletrader.net and I'm trying to find more info about it. It's an E model instead of R so I assume it's a little more tame than a modern race replica. Is this a father or grandfather of a newer Ninja model? I also looked into the ZX-6r's also, but it doesn't seem to be too similar. Need a little expert help. "R" stands for "race or race replica" right...well what does the "E" usually indicate in the models?

hey JSC_SLP, check out -zx6e.com- everything you could wanna know about your E and more! :dblthumb

·
Registered
81 Posts
Forget all the BS All you need to know is thats a great bike. I saw it in the trader and if i am remember correctly it was around $2000-$3000. I have an 03 ZZR 600.....the same bike pretty much. Its comfortable and has the same engine and power as the ZX6-R pretty much. It corners good and will power wheelie.

·
Registered
8 Posts
jtguync said:
Forget all the BS All you need to know is thats a great bike. I saw it in the trader and if i am remember correctly it was around $2000-$3000. I have an 03 ZZR 600.....the same bike pretty much. Its comfortable and has the same engine and power as the ZX6-R pretty much. It corners good and will power wheelie.
It definitely does not have the same powerplant as ANY year 6r. And barely comparable power to first gen F 6rs. Only thing that swapped was suspension parts and wheels, and really only by mix and matching spacers and bearings and bolts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
over all there a good bike i personally have a 94 zx-6 e and its been a good bike but they dont have as much power as the r's but still haves enough

·
Registered
29 Posts
mochunk said:
It definitely does not have the same powerplant as ANY year 6r. And barely comparable power to first gen F 6rs. Only thing that swapped was suspension parts and wheels, and really only by mix and matching spacers and bearings and bolts.
Please put down your crack pipe......the zx6e is a beast, and by no means a tame bike. Most drag times show it a 10th of a sec slower than the new ninjas.

·
Registered
51 Posts
extremesanity2 is right. I have one and it's definitely a sleeper to be sure. It's not a Gixxer, but it'll still shit 'n git.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts