Sport Bikes banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a ninja 250, and i recently did the carb sync and valves... its been running cherry, and i recently got into an accident which totalled it,but ive still been riding it daily.... no problems just scratches. Well i just bought my new bike, but until the insurance company comes to take it ive been teaching my girl how to ride on it and she dropped it (obviously) lol. not all her fault she is 4'11'' lol anyway. since she dropped it it has like no power after 7000 rpms. i cant even take it anywhere. Im thinking shes knocked something loose. I checked the spark plug wires.... there good. i just changed the plugs this month. any ideas so i can get her running again?

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
It sounds like a fuel delivery problem to me. Your bike is requiring more fuel at the higher rpms, and it just isn't getting the fuel it needs. Did you check your petcock and make sure it's set to on and not knocked somewhere in between? That's the easiest thing to check. Beyond that, the problem could really be anywhere from the petcock to the cylinder, though I would imagine the problem is somewhere in the fuel lines running to the carburetor or the carburetor itself. Also, check and make sure there aren't any vacuum lines hanging down or anything.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts