Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went from my CBR500R to a 14 Ninja 650 yesterday. On paper the Ninja 650's 65hp does not sound all that fast until you ride the thing. With its linear torque this thing is quite a bit faster feeling than my CBR500 when you give it some gas. In one year I put 7,300 miles on my CBR and it was time to move on.
I did hours of watching youtube videos of various bikes from supersports to new bikes like the FZ07.

I test rode the CBR600RR a couple of times and while its fun during sprints I did not enjoy the loud supersport roar even with a stock exhaust and how it felt during traffic and just regular street riding. That ruled out all inline 4 for me so I went back to looking at twin motors only.

I passed on the FZ07 as the riding position is too straight up and I like fairings on a bike. Cycle world's latest issue says the Ninja 650 did 0 to 60 in 3.5 and i will try to attempt those numbers when there are no cops outside.
The engine sounds terrific stock, has the pumping twin sound.

·
After Me Lucky Charms
5,281 Posts
I'm gonna guess you didn't like the CBR 650F (all 87hp), with it it being an I-4. :p

Obligatory image

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The price of that CBR650F is so high. Dealers are not discounting them at all, 8499 plus fees. Shit that what new 600 supersports are going for since its Fall season and they are always on sale this time of year.
I paid 5999 for my Ninja with no freight or set up.

I will say that CBR650 has about the most perfect riding position you can find in any bike. Not too high not too low.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts