Sport Bikes banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

· Banned
1,555 Posts
Well as far as top speed goes, theyre not rated much past 120 or so in stock form. I'm in FL, which is pretty near sea level, and I got mine up to 125 mph indicated, bone stock. I haven't tried it with the exhaust, but I doubt it will do much over 135...mainly because of gearing. At 125, I had about 1000 rpms left. At 135 I imagine you'd be right about to bounce the limiter, which as far as I can feel, comes in at about 11,500.

· Registered
2,679 Posts
My first bike was a CBR 900 RR. It was nimble for it's size, comfortable (compartively speaking), and reliable as all hell. It was also easy to find parts for it when I did drop it a few times. I also sold it for just as much as I bought it for after I rode it for 2 years. I think it's a great first bike.

· Registered
290 Posts
Redstar11 said:
My first bike was a CBR 900 RR. It was nimble for it's size, comfortable (compartively speaking), and reliable as all hell. It was also easy to find parts for it when I did drop it a few times. I also sold it for just as much as I bought it for after I rode it for 2 years. I think it's a great first bike.
hahah, i think i hear Firefighter and RacerX coming.....

· #1 Gear Nazi
4,743 Posts
Hahaha, I'm gonna keep out of that. Redstar11 knows he's wrong, he's being a troll, and I'm not gonna feed him.

I will say that reason 900RR parts are easy to find is because it's the most popular stunt bike out there and gets wrecked so much that there are always spare parts available for cheap.

The Ninja 500 is a great bike, don't let anyone tell you it's not!

· Registered
2,679 Posts
firefighter81 said:
Hahaha, I'm gonna keep out of that. Redstar11 knows he's wrong, he's being a troll, and I'm not gonna feed him.

I will say that reason 900RR parts are easy to find is because it's the most popular stunt bike out there and gets wrecked so much that there are always spare parts available for cheap.

The Ninja 500 is a great bike, don't let anyone tell you it's not!

How am I a troll? I donated money to the site, and I would say over 80% of my posts have been in the Help Me Fix It section. Im not wrong, it's just my opinion. The CBR is a good riding bike. Makes a good amount of torque, has predictable handling, it's reliable. Why would it not be good for a beginner? It was my first bike and im doing pretty good so far.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.