Sport Bikes banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, some of you know i just got my new 250 a while ago. bike is great except for one thing i just noticed........i have no helmet lock. all the info i found online says that there should be a helmet lock on the right side....people were complaining that the helmet rested right on the exhuast pipe. thing is, i havent been able to find mine at all. i've had friends who ride look at the bike and tried to have them find it, just in case im a blind fool who cant see it, and they cant see it either. im just wondering if this is something kawi can/will fix under warranty, or if maybe i can just buy a lock and install it myself?? im at a loss in this instance, thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
o yea forgot to add if this thread is in the wrong spot any admin please move it.......didnt really think it belonged in the maintenence section

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
is it under the passenger seat?

not that i can see, thats the first place i checked. my tie down hooks are right there, and from my information the helmet lock should be next to the hook on the right side, but theres nothing there. as i said before im at a loss, and i dont know anyone else with an 08 250 to check out and look at theirs to see what im looking for.

·
old member
13,079 Posts
Not sure on your bike, but the tie-down may merely be a place to hook the helmet buckle under the rear seat. When the rear seat is replaced, it blocks access to the buckle leaving the helmet to dangle from the strap.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not sure on your bike, but the tie-down may merely be a place to hook the helmet buckle under the rear seat. When the rear seat is replaced, it blocks access to the buckle leaving the helmet to dangle from the strap.
that very well may be the case. you've got me thinking now........seein as how im at school and i havent so much as looked at my bike in about 2 weeks, i think this weekend calls for a trip home to check this situation out :boink

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
the way i did it was there is like a clip near the rear of the bike u can slap the helmet "hook" over, similar to the picture above.

or you can buy a bicycle chain and strap it through your handle bar with your jacket.

if you have a nicer / expensive helmet id say carry it.

i dont give a shit about my scorpion and HJC, but i ALWAYS carry my shark no matter what, even in school and shit.

·
Gonna go far on my GSX-R!
2,238 Posts
My 04 Ninja 250 has a helmet lock. It's different from my GSX-R's and yes it is worthless because the helmet rests on the exhaust. I don't know what to tell you about yours besides keep looking.

·
Registered
26 Posts
When you cannot find something the first place to start looking in the Owners manual.........It describes exactally where it is.....and Verbatim's pic shows it perfectly

GS

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the way i did it was there is like a clip near the rear of the bike u can slap the helmet "hook" over, similar to the picture above.

or you can buy a bicycle chain and strap it through your handle bar with your jacket.

if you have a nicer / expensive helmet id say carry it.

i dont give a shit about my scorpion and HJC, but i ALWAYS carry my shark no matter what, even in school and shit.

yea i just got a scorpion exo...........its definetly not top of the line....but its the only one i got, and id like to not have to buy a new one haha

i think i kinda know what ur talking about when u talk slappin the hook that clip near the rear of the bike, ill have to give my bike the once over again when i get a chance and check it out. thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
When you cannot find something the first place to start looking in the Owners manual.........It describes exactally where it is.....and Verbatim's pic shows it perfectly

GS

ur right......thing is i dont have the manual with me, its at my parents house in my hometown, so i figured to throw this thread up just to see. but, as i said, ur right, that should be the first place u look.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Buy a nice bike cable lock and run it through the grab bar. Much better than most helmet locks and portable.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts