Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here comes another thread from me (Chaosis) about the Ninja 250s. (Sorry for all the new threads guys, but I'm trying to get as much info I can get about these bikes so I'm prepared before I get one).

I've been reading a lot about people changing the suspensions on these, switching shocks and springs from the 500's. I was wondering if it is a must for a b***** rider (I weigh about 210, and I'm about 5' 11"). I'm worried about it being way to bouncy and uncomfortable. Also, would a seat mod be a pretty good guess too? Next time I get down the road I wanna sit on one and see how it feels (Or if a see a deal around my area).

Thanks in advance, and sorry for all the threads.

·
Registered
519 Posts
just buy a 500 or a older 600...much better suspension and brakes than that 250

·
Registered
944 Posts
See if you can find a vtr 250 Intercepter, The v-twin puts out better torque then the upright twins from kawi. It hauled my 200lb. ass around just fine for 2 years.

·
Ducati Twins Rock
267 Posts
Hey man, it's your first bike right? Don't worry about modding this and changing that. Just ride the damn thing and learn. You are a new rider. You won't notice the difference between stock and aftermarket suspension to even care.

The 250 is fine carrying your small 210 lbs. Shit, I started on a Ninja 250 five years ago and I was around 280 at the time. Didn't need to spend a penny on suspension mods, aftermarket seats, etc. Just rode the damn thing for a year, sold it for about what I paid for it and bought a brand new 2000 ZX6-R.

This is going to be your first bike, not your last. Mods are cool but save it for something else.

Now get a bike and start riding!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Chaosis said:
Okay, thanks guys, I'll keep an eye out for those (500 older 6, or vtr 250).
Hey dude check out my nearly new Ninja 500R in the classifieds. Bike has only 1700 miles on it, won't find a cleaner version used.

·
Old school fool
1994 CB 1000
5,725 Posts
Krik said:
Hey man, it's your first bike right? Don't worry about modding this and changing that. Just ride the damn thing and learn. You are a new rider. You won't notice the difference between stock and aftermarket suspension to even care.

The 250 is fine carrying your small 210 lbs. Shit, I started on a Ninja 250 five years ago and I was around 280 at the time. Didn't need to spend a penny on suspension mods, aftermarket seats, etc. Just rode the damn thing for a year, sold it for about what I paid for it and bought a brand new 2000 ZX6-R.

This is going to be your first bike, not your last. Mods are cool but save it for something else.

Now get a bike and start riding!
BIG +1

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Okay man, thanks, I was just worrying about the comfortability, I've heard alot of guys changing the suspension because it was weak, that woulda be the only thing i woulda modded on it.

Hey dude check out my nearly new Ninja 500R in the classifieds. Bike has only 1700 miles on it, won't find a cleaner version used.
Looks like it'd be a good bike, but at 16, I really don't have that much to be dishing out. I am trying to get an older bike so I have decent money for gear. I'm trying to find an older, maybe even wrecked (plastics or something) bike since I like repairing things. Thanks anyways though. Deffinitly appreciate the feedback guys.

Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts