Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys and gals, I am looking into trading in my 07 zzr600 for a ninja 1000. anyone who has one have any info on them that could be useful? such as durability, ease of maintenance, what year model is better, performance, anything someone wouldn't think of or would overlook. im doing because i like to take my gf on rides and the zzr isn't comfortable for her and the foot peg over the exhaust vibrates a lot, plus i want something b***** and all my friends have liter bikes. or would you suggest anything different. i went toward the ninja because i like the sport bike styling. anything would be helpful i just started thinking about it.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Your friends having liter bikes doesn't mean a thing. The last thing you should be worried about when you have a passenger on the back is keeping up with other riders.You had better take a good look at the Ninja 1000s back seat! The zz600 looks alot more comfortable than the ninja 1000s looks like.

I have only test ridden the 1k and I was honestly a little disappointed, but only because I had hoped that this was going to be my next bike. Maybe I built it up too much in my mind.. The engine is fantastic and you will have no gripes about the performance, but it was really buzzy for me on the freeway and the wind was directed right at my Chest or my neck with the Windshield at it's fullest extension. It felt quite light on it's feet and It was quite easy to ride. I don't think the Bike has been out long enough to warrant any big changes. Maybe a remap somewhere and a few tweaks but I have heard no complaints about it.
If you are dead set on getting it, then I would recommend going to the ninja 1000 forums and asking there. They will have all that firsthand knowledge vs here. I don't even think anyone here owns one.

You also might want to consider a sport touring bike. The 6th gen VFR 800 is an awesomebike and you can pick up a decent one from $4k-6k and alot of people put 100k on those engines. The 5th was quite good too! Ducati has the Multistrada which quite a few of my friends own and they all say it is very comfy for 1 or 2 riders. Triumph makes the Sprint, and the Tiger 800/1050 which are great bikes. Maybe the Speed Triple might be to your fancy? You could always go apeshit and get a zx14 or a Concours. You have alot of options

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i defintly will go look at it, ive only seen it in pictures and what i saw the seat was large and one piece but i could be wrong. i also thought the ninja 1000 was a sport tourer as opposed to the z1000 and then the zx-10. but overall i was just looking for ideas and experiences which you have provided me so thank you

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Here it is.*EDIT Shit! I looked at the wrong ZZ the first time. I thought it yours had the banana seat. They honestly look really similar
vs

The 1k is a sport tourer, per se. It does feature a more upright riding position and you can order hard cases for it. It is a beast of a bike and everybody loves them. I was my dream bike until I rode it and to be honest, if I hadn't rode the zx14 right behind it, I may have liked it alot better. You have a very wide range of choices if you are looking for a sport tourer. Jesus, I could go on for hours. Triumph Sprint, Ducati Multistrada, Ducati S2,S3,S4, Triumph Tiger 1050, BMW has so many of them that it'll make you sick trying to go through them all LOL. The Yamaha FJR, Suzuki Bandit. They have those fully faired now. Whole ton of choices. But the 1k is a great bike. It might be that she needs to hop on the back and see how her bum likes it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
i saw the ninja 1000 today and noticed the comfy rubber foot pegs. do you know if the rear foot pegs on the ninja 1000 will fit on the rear pegs or a 2007 zzr600. or perhaps another bike that has that style comfy peg pad. i was looking and the foot peg is only held in by a pin so they should work yeah? or perhaps the whole bracket and foot peg be needed?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts