·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hayden To Yamaha in 2005?
motogp star set to join rossi in '05?
by dean adams
Thursday, August 05, 2004
Sources in Europe say that Repsol Honda rider Nick Hayden is set to join his ex-team-mate Val Rossi at Yamaha's motoGP team next year. Hayden is in the final year of his current Honda contract.

Most will remember it was Yamaha who first offered the young American a berth in GP, but he then signed with Honda. The two (Hayden and Yamaha) settled their differences later but it was known Yamaha was not pleased.

ENDS
www.superbikeplanet.com/newind.htm

Anyone think this is because HRC is dumping Hayden? Or maybe Rossi and Yamaha trying to limit the competition (Rossi is the #1 rider and gets all the trick bits)? This is an interesting development. Let's hear your thoughts.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think it would be a bad move for Hayden to move to Yamaha. That is if he even has the chance to renew his contract with Honda. He's just now starting to get used to riding the Honda. Right now his only chance to get on the podium is to be on the dominat bike which is the Honda. I don't think he would stand a chance on the Yamaha as it stands right now.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I totally agree with you 180. Nicky needs time still to get up there. The Honda will help him. That being said don't think Yamaha won't be closer next year. With Rossi and Burgess they will be strong. I would like to see a strong contender join Rossi. Someone who can, week after week, help up front.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree with you guys, Hayden needs to be on a Honda. I don't doubt his talent, but if Melandri, Checa and Abe are having a problem keeping up with Rossi, I don't think Nicky will either. Anybody think Honda is building that rumored V3 or do you think they'll be sticking the RC211Vs V5?

·
Super Moderator
18,634 Posts
180 said:
I think it would be a bad move for Hayden to move to Yamaha. He's just now starting to get used to riding the Honda.
I agree soooooo much with this statement...He's slowly having more and more podium finishes, and I think next year he was really going to be some competition...

Time will tell of the trade :eek: :dunno

·
Registered
148 Posts
I think they are already in the stages of building a v3. The reason for making it was to take advantage of the weight limitations blah blah blah. If it's better than the v5 it'll be racing probably along with the v5 at first.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Wow, this is news. I'm going to jump on the bandwagon on this one and hope Hayden stays with Honda. He's been putting together some great races this year, and would likely continue to improve if he stays on the Honda. The yamaha is less competitive (with equal riders), and he'd be taking several steps back. I can't wait to see what Edwards does in 2 weeks.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
I hope Nicky goes to Yammi with Rossi acually, so he can learn first-hand from the master. It would definately be my favorite GP team.

:)

·
Believe It or Not........
5,343 Posts
I think he should put more time in on the Honda also. I'd like to see him on the top podium a few times before he changes teaams and gets his feelings hurt!!!

·
Registered
454 Posts
yep
the main reason Rossi moved to Yamaha was because he wanted a new challenge. With Rossi aboard the Honda, he was just decimating the competition. The Yamaha is not as quick as the Honda, so Rossi is proving that he is indeed the best rider in the world by still winning races on a slower machine.

Hayden is not the fastest rider in the world and cannot afford to move to a slower bike right now. He should stick with Honda and continue to develop his skills. I would love to see a Hayden-Rossi rivalry develop over the coming years. It would make the races very very interesting.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hayden is currently in the Honda works team which is the best team at the moment, but Barros is not showing any great results on it... And Hayden is just not expierenced enough to develop a bike in motoGP. Im glad that the things are this way, because if Gibernau and for example Capirossi/Biaggi were in Repsol Honda, things would have been even more difficult for Rossi, and being a Rossi fan I wouldnt like it .

Hayden should do everything possible to stay with the team he is at now... because there might not be another chance to ride a factory honda. Im sure that Barros wont be riding in repsol honda next season. ( Sito pons said that if barros gets dumped by HRC, he will take him back to his team because he knows how to make alex win )

Jin

1 - 16 of 16 Posts