Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nicky Hayden will be on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno this evening. Hopefully Jay will ask him some interesting questions because he's such a fan of motorcycles himself. There's also supposed to be a replica of Nicky's bike so it should be a pretty cool segment. It's nice to see Nicky getting some exposure in the mainstream media after a great win at Laguna Seca :phatyo

·
Banned
2,093 Posts
TIVO... all yea!

·
Banned
1,153 Posts
i think its all three bros.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Man, I'm never going to get to sleep!!! :(

·
Autobots! Roll Out!
2,061 Posts
DVR'n it as well as watching it. I usually catch Leno anyway.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I turned it off at commercial. did they show off nicky's repsol bike before the end of the show? crash.net said they had an older gp bike there for the show.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The interview was actually better than I expected. I got worried Jay was just going to talk to them about growing up in Kentucky but the interview went on longer than I expected and they at least started talking about racing and some important things that have happened to each brother recently. All the footage was pretty cool, too. I was just surprised Jay didn't spend any time talking about Nicky's win at Laguna.

Best part of the interview was when Jay was busting Roger's balls about crashing a bicycle :lol That was some pretty gnarly rash, though

·
Are we not men?
9,011 Posts
I thought Jay did a pretty good job, considering he had to deal with an audience that for the most part hasn't a clue when it comes to motorcycles or motorcycle racing.

That Roger Lee is a cocky shit isn't he? I also found Jay's ribbing Roger Lee about crashing his bicycle funny.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
kinda hillybillyish........but hey i bet americans ate that up.......good interview overall. great exposure for the sport.

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Scud said:
I was just surprised Jay didn't spend any time talking about Nicky's win at Laguna.
I think they said something really quick when Jay asked what series they were in... actually he said that Rodger and Tommy were in Superbike and he asked Nick what series he competed in to which he obv. replied MotoGP and they made some reference.

Goddamit! Why didn't they put them on first? I had to be in bed early and I didn't! :mad:

·
Registered
124 Posts
I don't think they spent much time on the MotoGP win because I'll bet they didn't get permission to use the footage. Anyone who knows MotoGP that they are anal about their race footage ( see upwards of a $30 membership for their website ).

Oh man I was so excited, sitting at a bar watching the interview on the big screen TV, and they showed that wreck that Tommy had a Laguna. I WAS RIGHT THERE!!! Literally standing against the fence at the corner he wrecked on, maybe 15-20 ft away from it! I was stoked cause I had told all my friends about it, but none of them have a clue about motorcycle racing so it was nice for them to be able to see what the hell I was talking about. :phatyo

1 - 20 of 20 Posts