Sport Bikes banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There have been several articles on the 848 since it was launched, but none of them have gone into this level of detail.

Ducati wasn't kidding when they said that this bike wasn't a simple displacement reduction exercise.

Check out the article here.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Good find. If I had some spare cash that would be the shit right there. As it turns out my friend went to see about buying one today, if he buys it I'll be happy because at least I'll get to ride it.

·
Registered
7,222 Posts
Dude, great find!! I've never heard of that site--now I got it stickied.

BTW--I've never had a thing for Ducs, but holy hell, I'd get that 848 in a heartbeat.

Cheers,

RC

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A friend of mine in Boise sent me the link to the first article, so he deserves full credit for the find. :cheers

RC, I too have never heard of this site before but it's now in my list of favorites.

Harleyxc, may your wish come true this summer. This is one special bike indeed; it hits all the right spots without being overboard. :)

BTW, have you put a deposit down for yours yet? I spoke to the folks at my dealership, and they're all sold out with a waiting list that's getting longer by the day!

·
Lickalotapuss
2,859 Posts
There are two local dealers and I've only been to one. They were getting two and had three on the list. Not quite the list as the 1098 when that came out, when they said they had about 30 people. Of course not everyone on the list actually bought one, either. But I still owe a few on the Triumph and don't want two payments :)

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thankfully so. Such is the nature the consumer... we can't make up our minds! :)

I totally understand your situation, a very prudent move on your part. :cheers

·
Lickalotapuss
2,859 Posts
No, a prudent move would be to sell one or two of the bikes, but thanks for trying :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts