Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it was nice meeting everyone.. glad to say hello but I am off to go kill myself this weekend on my days off.

I haven't really went out and tried to learn wheelies since my wreck. So I think I'm past do. Something I've wanted to learn for awhile. And now that I got my radiator problems taken care I've I'm apparently all ready to go wreck it again.

I'm going go roam around and find some nice strech in Olathe to practice if you dont' hear from me give me a call at the Olathe Medical Center.

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
have fun....

·
I TOLD YA...
4,670 Posts
just remember, full throttle dump clutch :)

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
gixerking said:
first gear at the light next to some hotties....

·
I TOLD YA...
4,670 Posts
and a cop...

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So much for asking for advice ....:D

·
Registered
531 Posts
gixerking said:
Yep that'll get it up. Not for very long but very effective! :alky

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Well I went out and dinked a little bit..pop up some baby ones nothing to make me feel good about my small penis. I got a little frustrated and decided not to force it. So I took off and had a nice run around JoCO for about 2 hours.

Funny thing was I was on my way home at the stoplight at Santa Fa and Mur-Len at the light next to a Viper at the front. Hey look.. he started it.. anyways.. I opened up my throttle and actually pulled my front tire up higher then I had all day long trying to practice. I am sure it made him feel all manly when I blew past him with the front tire playing hopscotch and took his lane. :D

Fucker.. What he gets for trying to impress his chick at my expense.

Oh also a squider tried to race me.. so I blew by him too and was tapping the side of my helmet while I went past him as to say.. "Where's your helmet?"

See I can have fun by myself.

Anyway.. anyone on Olathe riding tonight?

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Never possible with me.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Should try and throttle it up frist. thats how i learned. Run her up to about 6k and blip the throttle (run her up then let off and then crank on the throttle) Have to do it quick. if you have anything more then a 600 then you should have no problem getting the front wheel off. Once you get it up a few times you will see where the bance point is. I'm sure other people have better ideas but i had no one teach me and now i can ATLEAST run through first gear. I just need to learn how to shift now.

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
my wheelies are only by accident...and lots of tries at that :(

·
Registered
531 Posts
Throttle wheelies are the easiest place to start IMO.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I tried the dump clutch, I had better luck with the throttle and I'm solely going use it from now on.

I need to get a steering dampener I think. I get serious tank slap and stability isuess the second that tire comes up.

·
I TOLD YA...
4,670 Posts
yeah a dampner is a must...even its a cheapy stocker, they still help alot

·
Registered
411 Posts
I'm learning mine and throttling it up is how I'm doing it.....no clutching it here.

·
I TOLD YA...
4,670 Posts
i learned by clutching my old 600. no matter how many people said they power their 600 up or how many people i saw power their 600, for some reason i could never do it. but because of that, i do think that helped out my wheelying antics for the long run :)

·
Registered
531 Posts
I almost always clutch mine now. I cant ride them as far powering it up. Either run outta rpm or they just dont come up as far.

·
I TOLD YA...
4,670 Posts
blueyedevil said:
I almost always clutch mine now. I cant ride them as far powering it up. Either run outta rpm or they just dont come up as far.

shift......

·
Registered
531 Posts
Learning that very soon!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts