Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got one?

Are they worth the money?

Seems comfortable at the dealer but more interested in the ride noise and overall quality.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I've read great things from WBW and Hellforleather. That said, I've read a number of owner experiences that bring build quality into question.

Me, I bit the bullet and got another Arai last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
280 Posts
I did an extensive ride with one a while back and I loved it. It's the quietest helmet I've ridden with so far and very light. I can't say much about high speed stability, but it was very comfortable and looks awesome. This was the non-carbon one and I'd expect the carbon one to be even better.

I have a Bell Star Carbon now that I got for a phenomenal price a while back, but I would really like this one as well. Only if I could justify having both of them. The Star flows more air but the Nexx is quieter... significantly so.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
I use one on track (never rode with it on street). I absolutely love it but the cheeks have gotten a hair loose for me but they all come with extra pads to put in so that's not an issue. High speed stability is just fine. It's extremely quiet and the visibility out of the visor is extremely good (aka you don't stare at the top of your helmet when exiting corners). Overall quality is good.

I would buy one again. + IMO they look great!

·
B O R I C U A
1,216 Posts
I use one on track (never rode with it on street). I absolutely love it but the cheeks have gotten a hair loose for me but they all come with extra pads to put in so that's not an issue. High speed stability is just fine. It's extremely quiet and the visibility out of the visor is extremely good (aka you don't stare at the top of your helmet when exiting corners). Overall quality is good.

I would buy one again. + IMO they look great!

Can you compare the helmet as far as fit/comfort against other helmets?

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Can you compare the helmet as far as fit/comfort against other helmets?
Not really sorry.

Only two differences I recall is comparing it to a exo700.

1) nexx is a lot quieter.
2) The viewing port is taller then the exo700 so I no longer am viewing the top of my helmet as I am riding (which was a huge problem for me on the 700)

·
Mediocre Strafer
9,137 Posts
From trying one on at the BMW dealer:

- The most noticeable difference is the size of the eyeport - much closer to a dirt bike helmet than most street helmets.

- They run about normal in sizing, which is to say I'm halfway between a M and a L. :(

- The owner broke his neck at Daytona wearing one and still recommends them, which is kind of a backhanded compliment but you get the idea.

KeS

·
B O R I C U A
1,216 Posts
Not really sorry.

Only two differences I recall is comparing it to a exo700.

1) nexx is a lot quieter.
2) The viewing port is taller then the exo700 so I no longer am viewing the top of my helmet as I am riding (which was a huge problem for me on the 700)

Thanks!

I almost purchased a EXO 700, but went with a Bell RS1.
From trying one on at the BMW dealer:

- The most noticeable difference is the size of the eyeport - much closer to a dirt bike helmet than most street helmets.

- They run about normal in sizing, which is to say I'm halfway between a M and a L. :(

- The owner broke his neck at Daytona wearing one and still recommends them, which is kind of a backhanded compliment but you get the idea.

KeS

I tested the NEXX at the motorcycle show, and the eyeport was pretty much the same as my now gone Shark helmet. I am still amazed at how light the Nexx r1r is!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts