Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which is the better all around tablet? The main thing keeping the Galaxy in the running is the fact that you can add a 64 GB SD card. I am not as savvy on tabs as a lot of y'all are for sure so please help me out here.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Mediocre Strafer
9,137 Posts
The Nexus 7 is generally considered to be better in performance. I had one briefly and turfed it off to a South African outfitter. It is very nice, but REALLY wants you to drink the Google koolaid.

KeS

·
Registered
160 Posts
Santa got me a N7. Its pretty easy to get rid of all the crap and then it will leave you alone, modulo whatever tracking they're doing. Feels great to not be sucked into itunes. Media plays about as well as on the apple tablets, slightly different parms for Handbrake but whatevs... battery life seems good. Mind the magnetic cover sensors which will put the screen to sleep when the unit is in a compatible case, but if the case isn't compatible and has magnets the feature can drive you crazy. WIll be taking a drill to the case I have to remove the troublesome magnets.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Just got the N7 32gb for Xmas and I'm liking it so far. Keep in mind it's also a Vanilla version of Android, so you'll get updates faster, and there will be less third party BS running or sucking down the battery. There's also a pretty big development community for it so there's always rooting and custom roms as well.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Google reviews on the tablets and watch some youtube videos. You will find many reviews on the tablet that are actually useful instead of paranoid "big brother" comments.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts