Sport Bikes banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
I asked my dealer, he said he doesn't think there will be any visible changes. They might tweak a few things I'm sure but probably no style changes.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hello & RE: Next years FZ6??

Well, I was hoping my first post on this board would've been something like "I'm enjoying the hell out of my new FZ6." Unfortunately...
After 2 weeks of calling dealers all over northern California, I haven't been able get a confirmation that I can get any FZ6, let alone a silver one. According to 2 dealers I talked to today, there are 12 silver FZ6s left at dealers in California, 6 are sold, 2 more are on hold, pending payment, and the remaining ones are kind of in limbo, dealers not readily willing to trade to any other dealerships. My predicament as it is, I have asked the dealers about the '05s, their responses range from "nothing will be changed" to "maybe more colors", and that they'll know in September. Apparently Yamaha is keeping a pretty tight lid on the '05s.

·
2 As 1
1,121 Posts
I am sure they will tweak a few things here and there (Probably some of the things we have commented on I would bet... perhaps the light? :) )

Besides that and maybe colour, I would not think too much.

I am also quite sure they will be bringing them back, since they were a great seller for them.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Enygma said:
I am sure they will tweak a few things here and there (Probably some of the things we have commented on I would bet... perhaps the light? :) )

Besides that and maybe colour, I would not think too much.

I am also quite sure they will be bringing them back, since they were a great seller for them.

Having worked for Yamaha in Europe, I can tell you they are, what appears to be, a 4 year company.
In that they bring out a new model and then develop it for 4 years then a new model or serious updates (AKA R1, R6, FJR1300,YZ125/250/400/426/450) if it is a leading model.

That is what traditionally happens to their dirtbike range, unless they make a real snafu on the original launch and have to make some major modifications early on.

They already knew about the weak forks and brakes, definitely the throttle lag, before they were shipped, and you will find those items addressed, maybe one or two at a time. You see, we are the guinea pigs or beta tests for there R&D people, they will see what we will tolerate and then make adjustments accordingly.

A slightly different seat, some more areas to hook luggage onto, along with an upgraded tach to make it a little more visible in daylight, for those optically challenged among you.

For my money, I would think maybe a brake and fork upgrade, taken from the discontinued YZF600R as they will have parts and jigs and drawings for those already.

A slightly darker silver and a slightly lighter blue to differentiate the year models.

Then in 2 years you will see the naked version and the Burgandy or Black.

Any bets??

Skippy

·
Registered
522 Posts
hopefully they'll bring over the true naked FZ6, no offense to you current FZ6 fanatics, but I like naked standard bikes better than faired standards :D. Then again, I am a little biased be a Hawk owner and all :)

·
Registered
159 Posts
*yay* FedEx'd a check overnight to a dealer 3hrs away who was able to find me an FZ6 (blue) after weeks of searching. If you're in California, you may be S.O.L. if you're looking to buy an '04. The latest figures I got (confirmed by 2 separate dealerships) were that there are 0 silver bikes available, and as of ~3pm PST, 3 blue bikes left unsold in the state.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Glad I bought mine last month when they had 3 in stock so they had a better deal for me. Zero in stock kinda makes the prices stick to or exceed the msrp if you know what I mean. Good luck to everyone that wants to but has yet to buy, the 2005's may exceed $8k according to a euro magazine but that might have been in euro bucks. I would expect the 2005's to sell for at least 500 more than 2004 without any changes. More techy stuff like adjustable forks and a different shock in back should make them sell 4 even more here.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Wow i didn't know it was that hard to get your hands on a fizzer in the states.
Here in Europe you just order them of the shelf and 3 weeks later you ride on...

I don't think there will be major adjustments for the 05 model (except from color setting which they are very good at: check R1).
I don't see an adjustable front fork because this will significantly bump up the pricing and pushing the fizzer out of the segment of the competition with the SV650S, Kawa Z750 and honda CB600F.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts