Sport Bikes banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
:nuts

God, a person that goes and buys a busa for a first bike and then straight admits it was because of ego. Sad to say, but he is not long for this world and just going to be another rate hike on our insurance. And the way the rest of those people talk...sheesh, not too much brains on that board. "Yeah, cool bike, that's the only one I'd bother spending money on for a first bike, too." Eesh... :eek:

That makes baby Jesus :a2

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
People are morons, the only person on there who actually sounded like he had ever ridden before is you Silver350. The thing is, this guy WON'T KILL HIMSELF AND HE WON'T GET HURT. That's how this fucked up world works, he'll do fine, because of a simple thing called irony. It sucks, but it's probably true.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Also if you notice the general population of the site is only concerned with 1/4 mile times, so of course they want the Busa, they don't know any better.

·
That's factory, yo!
3,666 Posts
I'm glad to see that, in this sanatized for your protection, litigation happy, my aprilia came with 21 warning labels society that the goodness that is Darwinian Natural Selection will always prevail!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BCM was a cool board back in the day when I was an admin, and it was a board of just close friends. now there are a lot of ricers on there as well as just plain idiots that think their sh*t don't stink. Now all the original people that are inteligent and have a good head on their shoulders bearly post, because of the idiot drama on the board. I am by far in no means a experiance rider. I know the basics. I bought a big bike for my first ride because once I get my heart set on something I go for it. But the thing is I didn't get on my bike till after my 2 range class and now I have my licence its full gear and defensive riding.

·
Registered
832 Posts
well what the heck Thats it I'm going today and buying one to heck if he can do it so can I

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Silver350 said:
BCM was a cool board back in the day when I was an admin, and it was a board of just close friends. now there are a lot of ricers on there as well as just plain idiots that think their sh*t don't stink. Now all the original people that are inteligent and have a good head on their shoulders bearly post, because of the idiot drama on the board. I am by far in no means a experiance rider. I know the basics. I bought a big bike for my first ride because once I get my heart set on something I go for it. But the thing is I didn't get on my bike till after my 2 range class and now I have my licence its full gear and defensive riding.

Unfortunately though, you still made a bad decision. Now, I'm not trying to flame you, but your trying to back up your actions with 2 range classes? I'm sorry, but even the full MSF class doesn't prepare you or give you the experience to handle such a machine. You made the decision you did, and I hope for the best for you, but the odds are heavily stacked against you. Sorry, but it's been proven time and time again. All you're doing now is trying to justify something that you can't, and you said that you couldn't shop without your ego/heart (same thing). Please don't end up like what I fear that other guy will. I'm sick of people dying already.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
RhythmsDJs said:
Unfortunately though, you still made a bad decision. Now, I'm not trying to flame you, but your trying to back up your actions with 2 range classes? I'm sorry, but even the full MSF class doesn't prepare you or give you the experience to handle such a machine. You made the decision you did, and I hope for the best for you, but the odds are heavily stacked against you. Sorry, but it's been proven time and time again. All you're doing now is trying to justify something that you can't, and you said that you couldn't shop without your ego/heart (same thing). Please don't end up like what I fear that other guy will. I'm sick of people dying already.
I agree with you man. I shouldn’t have gotten what I did. I tired a bunch of bikes out all of witch was under 600. I wanted a sports bike because I did not want to get a heavy Harley for my first ride, and I didn’t get a small bike because I was not comfortable on one. Even just sitting on one my back started hurting. I sat on a Buell and liked how you’re leaned forward a little bit but my back was straight. On rockets my back would have been arch and would have ended up hurting me in a long run. I could have gotten a dual purpose bike but I didn’t find my self comfortable on one.

Although I have a b***** bike, I don’t mess around on it. I drive with in my envelope of limitation, and the law. I never did a wheelie, stoppie, or just act squidish. I don’t ride mach one on country roads or fly through a set of twisties. I do not have the experience for that. I won’t even let someone ride on the back of my bike because I am not comfortable with taking on those responsibilities and to me it is outside my envelope. You don’t need to worry about me on my bike. I ride my bike same as my cage, cautiously, and always paying attention to others. I will not be another person victim to the statistic. I appreciate the concern but this is one newbie that doesn’t mess around with that.

The guy I posted about bought the bike as something to go fast on, I bought mine because I was comfortable and something I could have around for a while.

·
Registered
878 Posts
snoflk said:
well what the heck Thats it I'm going today and buying one to heck if he can do it so can I
Go for it. Then you can post up there that you'll beat him in the 1/4 mile. I'm sure you have the best power to weight ratio there :) :D Also you actually know how to ride a motorcycle and he has no clue.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Silver350 said:
I agree with you man. I shouldn’t have gotten what I did. I tired a bunch of bikes out all of witch was under 600. I wanted a sports bike because I did not want to get a heavy Harley for my first ride, and I didn’t get a small bike because I was not comfortable on one. Even just sitting on one my back started hurting. I sat on a Buell and liked how you’re leaned forward a little bit but my back was straight. On rockets my back would have been arch and would have ended up hurting me in a long run. I could have gotten a dual purpose bike but I didn’t find my self comfortable on one.

Although I have a b***** bike, I don’t mess around on it. I drive with in my envelope of limitation, and the law. I never did a wheelie, stoppie, or just act squidish. I don’t ride mach one on country roads or fly through a set of twisties. I do not have the experience for that. I won’t even let someone ride on the back of my bike because I am not comfortable with taking on those responsibilities and to me it is outside my envelope. You don’t need to worry about me on my bike. I ride my bike same as my cage, cautiously, and always paying attention to others. I will not be another person victim to the statistic. I appreciate the concern but this is one newbie that doesn’t mess around with that.

The guy I posted about bought the bike as something to go fast on, I bought mine because I was comfortable and something I could have around for a while.

I can understand that, granted I have my own opinions, but we all make our own decisions. I really wasn't trying to imply or dig on you. Like I said though, I hope you do well with it and it sounds like you have the right attitude. Just be careful, that little voice in the back of your head saying, "ah, lets just try it this one time" can be VERY tempting, even on a 600. ;)

·
Registered
832 Posts
You mean there's someone out there that I can beat off the line. :eek: Thats it I'm sold. :lol I think next year I'll start racing for motogp.

·
Registered
878 Posts
RhythmsDJs said:
"ah, lets just try it this one time" can be VERY tempting, ;)
Reminds me of my teenage years. When the driver says "Put on your seatbelt, I'm gonna to try something", he's not kidding. :lol :lol :lol

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
RhythmsDJs said:
I can understand that, granted I have my own opinions, but we all make our own decisions. I really wasn't trying to imply or dig on you. Like I said though, I hope you do well with it and it sounds like you have the right attitude. Just be careful, that little voice in the back of your head saying, "ah, lets just try it this one time" can be VERY tempting, even on a 600. ;)
I understand what you were saying, that why I didnt come back with you f-ing f-er or nothing. I am all for suttle conversations on different views. I am familier with that voice inside of my head but he doesn't talk much, I think he learned his lesson after all the really stupid sh*t I did when I was a child. :lol

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Ah yes, I hear that. All the many times I really should have bit the big one growing up...remember lawn darts??? :eek: hehe

I gotta say, it's nice to be able to have a discussion without it de-generating into an emotional flame fest. People have opinions, that's what a message board is all about.

Past all that stuff, we have nice weather finally, gotta ride tonight!!!

·
Registered
459 Posts
ha ha.. last year it happened to me.. I got separated from the group in the twisties.. decided to push it harder to catch up.. looked up a second to see where the rider ahead of me was.. looked down.. saw rocks.. saw ditch.. saw feet in air.. saw stars.. :(

I caught up though :( too bad the next second I was down.. the whole time my conscience was saying WTF are you doing? But I still did it because the rest of my brain was going woohoo!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
RhythmsDJs said:
Ah yes, I hear that. All the many times I really should have bit the big one growing up...remember lawn darts??? :eek: hehe

I gotta say, it's nice to be able to have a discussion without it de-generating into an emotional flame fest. People have opinions, that's what a message board is all about.

Past all that stuff, we have nice weather finally, gotta ride tonight!!!

Besides what is the point of b*tching on the net.... People think that their johnson is going to get b***** by it.. I wish I could ride... I got night school tonight

1 - 18 of 18 Posts