Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally decided to paint all those hideous gold/bronze'ish parts this weekend. Just some ol VHT header paint, flat black. I was going to have these powdered but decided i'd save a little cash so that i can have the manifold shot in black ceramic. Hopefully the paint holds up, if not i only cost me $8 plus an oil change which was due anyway.. Oh and shhh, don't tell the wife that i used her good cookie sheet to cook them on.. haha

-=<> Aaron <>=-

·
Registered
83 Posts
Looks pretty good IMO! I never really thought the bronze color was that bad though. I'll be ordering some 3M Di-noc Carbon Fiber sheet soon to cover up some parts myself, some of the plastic is starting to fade and look pretty gross (ram air covers, chain guard, etc.) Very inexpensive and high quality alternative to real, and real expensive carbon fiber.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

·
Formerly 216cityboy
37 Posts
Nice! I opted for the other route & painted mine to match the frame using aluminum wheel paint. I bought the pegs & oil filler cap off Ebay but I painted all the screws, heel guards & reservoir caps.

·
Registered
221 Posts
That is some nice work aaron, covers and plastics. I'm gonna keep my covers stock because its close to the color of my sprocket rotors and brake levers. I would like to do some c/f work to the plastic but I'm afraid i would screw it up.

Anyway its nice to see someone doing some custom work that doesn't make the bike look like a two bit hooker ahaha.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts