Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This evening I went for my motorcycle skills test.
Passed with a perfect score RIDING MY F4i - no tiny bike necessary (though a guy who failed last week on his new Harley did make use of an old Trail 110).
I'm now legal to have a passenger, ride on the freeway and ride at night. I'm taking the Idaho STARTS program (our equivalent of MSF) at the end of July but wanted to get the license earlier for my first road trip to Utah next week.

While I was there, I met two other sport bikers who seemed pretty cool (hopefully they'll check out this site soon too). We exchanged info and will probably go for a few rides when I get back from my trip.

All in all, its a good day to ride a CBR!

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
so what did the eval have you do?

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1st run of the course:
Hard Left turn inside a marked off corner (can't cross the lines on either side of the bike) then a complete stop with the front tire inside a 2ft/2ft box - no tire hanging over in any direction.

2nd run of the course:
Cone weaving - 6 staggered cones - go the right side of the cone on the right, left side of cone on the left, etc. Then a right hand u-turn (because that's legal to do on the road) inside a marked off area. (I was actually able to do it on the below 500cc marks but had the steering completely at lock - the >500 are was easy).

3rd run of the course:
Go between 12-20mph over a specified distance and stop as quickly as possible when you cross a line. They then calculate speed and stopping distance (the guy on the trail 110 skidded the hell out of on old grabby brakes and old nobby tires).

4th run of the course:
Dodge a fake board on the ground without hitting the fake curb.

There may have been some other stuff on runs 3 and 4 but I don't remember now. They didn't check signaling or anything. And I took it without my helmet (not required in Idaho) so I could see the cones and hear the instructor better.

·
old member
13,079 Posts
That actually sounds like a fairly useful skills test unlike the BS one in CA.

Congrats!!

Take it easy, though, and ride safe.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts