Sport Bikes banner

981 - 1000 of 1026 Posts

·
Blackmail Victim Revenge
56 Posts
Hi,
DJM here. Newbie to the forum and new bike rider as of last year. Bought a -86 Honda VT500 last year and got my MC endorsement. This year I've upped the ante and entered the world of sport bikes. I didn't want a heavier bike. I wanted a faster, more modern, sport bike that is comfortable to ride. Something that revs over 12K rpm. Now I have redline = 15K! I know it will be hard not to speed, but I'm willing to take that burden on. . . the ZZR600 seems like the perfect bike for me. I don't know how the brand new riders do on one, maybe not so well? I'm glad I have the honda to look at and ride when i feel like it, but I'm so looking forward to an (outdated) but super sport class bike to test my nerves and skills. I'm thinking about booking a track
day even. (after my credit recovers). I'm glad to have the same bike as ZZrocket and the rest of you here on the ZZR600 forum and I'll be counting on y'all for advice and wisdom from time to time so thanks in advance for your understanding and help.
DJM

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everybody. I'm from Lexington, KY (Home of the #1 ranked KY Wildcats) I have been lurking around for a few weeks, and since my purchase is final now, I figured I'd introduce myself. I started out on a 07 GS500F, and recently bought a red 07 ZZR600. Only mods on the bike currently is a 6" stretch and a 2" lower, Yoshi exhaust, flush mounts and an undertail kit. I personaly am not a fan of the lower and stretch, so soon as the bike is in my possession it will be returned to stock. Also while the bike is being returned to it's stock height/length, I will be adding a +4 ignition advancer, accent LEDs and a 6K HID headlight kit. Me and my buddies who also own zzr600s (2008 and a 2001) are always down for a ride if anybody is close.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I might as well jump in as I've been lurking now for over a year .............

I'm just An old guy here that has been riding on the street since 1982
and as crazy as it sounds this ZZR that I bought only to thrash on the track ended up being one of my favorite bikes if not the favorite

I also own a 2010 Ducati 'Strada with the 1198 motor in it and yes its comfortable and :cough: healthy, but not polished nor smooth like the ZZR seems

Before that was a BMW 1200 GS that was refined and handled well after Ohlins but it was dog slow on the straights (altho it did suprise many when at the Gap, lol)
Before that was a ZZR1200 that was fast but pig heavy (miss that one actually)
(did I mention heavy?)

What I really like about this 600, is it feels (overall) like a finely crafted swiss watch
but I'm not telling you all anything you didn't know already

Infact after I get this thing set up a little to suit my ole carcass I might even get rid of the Duc and note as it's not ridden much unless I need a long distance mount

I think the ZZR will work better for me after I put big honkin convertibars on it,
(the Helibars are better than stock but advancing decrepitude dictates something taller)
The Corbin and Penske double clicker were worthy upgrades and the double bubble is ok I s'pose
I have some adjustable pegs coming and need respring the front end & add Gold Valves
and she should be set
Hope I haven't rambled to long :banana
oh and
Thanks for all that ya'll have taught me this last year lurking
!

·
Premium Member
5,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #985
I might as well jump in as I've been lurking now for over a year .............

I'm just An old guy here that has been riding on the street since 1982
and as crazy as it sounds this ZZR that I bought only to thrash on the track ended up being one of my favorite bikes if not the favorite :)

I also own a 2010 Ducati 'Strada with the hella strong 1198 motor in it and yes its comfortable and real healthy, but not all polished and smooth like the ZZR

Before that was a BMW 1200 GS that was polished smooth and handled well after Ohlins but it was dog slow on the straights (altho it suprised many at the Gap, lol)
Before that was a ZZR1200 that was fast but pig heavy (miss that one actually)
(did I say heavy?)

What I really like about the 600 is it feels (overall) like a finely crafted swiss watch
but I'm not telling you all anything you didn't know already, lol

Infact after I get this thing set up a little to suit my ole carcass I might even get rid of the Duc as it's not ridden much unless I need a long distance mount

I think the ZZR will work well after I put big honkin convertibars on it,
(the Helibars are better than stock but advancing decrepitude dictates something taller)
The Corbin and Penske double clicker were worthy upgrades and the double bubble is ok i guess
Have some adjustable pegs coming and need to set up the front with Gold Valves and I thing that'll do her for now

Hope I haven't rambled to long :banana
oh and
Thanks for all that ya'll have taught me this last year lurking
!
Your Welcome:)

Reactions: jayd

·
Registered
48 Posts
:qm2
Now that makes me feel better about me bike again.....Welcome

·
Registered
15 Posts
Now that makes me feel better about me bike again.....Welcome
Thanks Shade
If I got to live in the motorcycle playground that you get to, I wouldn't care what I rode, hehe
I betcha that anyone that gets to slay hwy 550 (The Million dollar highway) frequently, can hang with (or maybe outride) just about any other street rider in the country,
That road is that :headbang awesome,
All in an area about the most beautiful in the country IMHO

::envy::

·
Registered
29 Posts
Well.......

I've posted in other spots, guess I'll make an appearance here too.

My name is Gerald aka Jester, Last year I wanted a Motorcycle really bad, so saved some money, sold my Honda Forman 500, and started looking. Found some good bikes on one of our local classified websites, talked to some friends and then seen this nice looking Black Kawasaki. I knew I didn't want a 250, cause all the people said that would be a serious waste of time, some have said the 600 was a bad choice cause I'd want a 1000 or greater after that. I disagree, I never bought the bike to ride like my hair was on fire and my ass was catching, I bought it to enjoy riding and to quit dumping $45 a tank into my Acura. So, found a 08 Kawasaki 600zzr for $4500. I called the guy, went and looked at it and told him straight up, I couldn't quite make $4500, he told me, he just wanted to get out from under it and would take what he owes which was just under 4k. So I offered him 4k. BOOYA!!! The bike had only 3k miles on it. Sure it had been dropped once but that didn't bother me, it was my first bike. New battery, Oil change and chain lube later I was on the road. Took the MSF courses and was ready to rock. Got my license endorcement and now love life while I am riding. Switched out my windscreen, added a couple of Monster Logo stickers and just bought the integrated tail lights. I have to say, I absolutely love my bike. She's running a bit rough, but after I change the air filter, another oil change and spark plugs, I hope it will smooth out.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
She's running a bit rough, but after I change the air filter, another oil change and spark plugs, I hope it will smooth out.
Welcome...and clean the carbs. You'll thank me later :)

edit...and tires! Those look really bald unless my eyes are seeing things

·
Registered
16 Posts
Been Stalking

My name is Eric and I have been stalking this site for the last year, finally getting ready to do some engine and cosmetic mods and thought the knowledge on this site should be helpful. I have a 2008 black or "ebony" ZZR-600 that has been stock for to long. I will be asking for lots of advice on parts and specifics on this bike so if I sound like a complete tool when it comes to my questions please have mercy as I have very little mechanical experience.

Eric

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, my name is Mark and I'm new to this forum. I've had my ZZR600 for about a month but have been riding for 5 years. I've already gotten some good help on here (thanks Jay) and am looking forward to finally having a good source of riders and info. I'll try and help where I can too.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey names mike, got my silver 06 zzr about two weeks ago. Love the bike and appreciate the help from the site. First bike was a 2010 250r because i got it so cheap i knew i could flip it. Second bike was a 02 fz1 woah big difference lol.
The zzr seems to be a perfect blend. thanks

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hey everyone. Just bought a 2007 black ZZR600 a month ago. This is my first bike and I am loving it! Have been on this site multiple times already for maintenance advise and frame slider suggestions. Just put on a new set of R&G's, with matching bar ends, and spools, more to come.

·
Premium Member
5,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #997
Hey everyone. Just bought a 2007 black ZZR600 a month ago. This is my first bike and I am loving it! Have been on this site multiple times already for maintenance advice and frame slider suggestions. Just put on a new set of R&G's, with matching bar ends, and spools, more to come.
Welcome to SBN:)

·
Registered
18 Posts
My new baby

I bought my 07ZZR 600 last week. I love it, but it has some issues that need fixing due to neglect from the previous owner or owners. I can't wait to get it to 100%. It is the first sportbike i have owned, even though i have always considered myself a sportbike kind of dude. Have been riding for about 2 years, almost daily. Previous bike was a Vulcan 750

·
Premium Member
5,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,000
I bought my 07ZZR 600 last week. I love it, but it has some issues that need fixing due to neglect from the previous owner or owners. I can't wait to get it to 100%. It is the first sportbike i have owned, even though i have always considered myself a sportbike kind of dude. Have been riding for about 2 years, almost daily. Previous bike was a Vulcan 750
Welcome to SBN! Whats wrong with bike?

981 - 1000 of 1026 Posts