Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 1026 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If your new to SBN and the ZZR600 please post any questions or comments here. Tell us about yourself. Welcome:)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey,
My name is Michael and I just bought a ZZR two months ago. Its the first time I've ever bought outside of Honda and I like the bike. It's a good daily driver. I'm a seismograph technician that is about to become an electrical engineer. So naturally I'm going to change around the electronic system of this bike, which isn't much considering it's a carb. I sometimes go down to the track to drag out on my Honda 2005 CBR1000RR - or as I like to call it, "the beast on wheels."
Future modifications are: definately get rid of the stock pipe, eliminate the fender, put the signals all flush mount. Paint the bike orange - I'm a huge Tennessee Volunteers fan - with customized decals. And I'm going to attempt to route the exhaust out the rear - if feasible. I'm so used to my CBR's exhaust out the rear I've already burned my damn leg twice.

·
Making Horizons Vertical
1,871 Posts
Hey my name is Jonathan I bought the Black 07 ZZR bout a month ago. I tacked on 1k miles so far and I am loving this bike. This was my first bike and the only problem I had was starting off/getting a feel for the clutch, but I corrected it in 3 days.. I love riding for the sake of riding and it doesn't hurt that my friend picked up an 06 ZZR (his first bike as well) so I have someone to ride with. We are getting to know our bikes so we don't ride together that much. I ride everyday and just search for roads I haven't taken that have some twists in em. I've already had some close calls with deer and cagers. But so far so good.

I want to change up the exhaust but I am torn between a full system and a slipon... I wonder what you guys think.

I almost can't believe the amount of acceleration comes out of this bike and I've only taken it up to 10k rpm. Like they always say... Keep the shiny side up !

·
Registered
506 Posts
Welcome Guys and Congrats on the New Bikes, I bought one as well. =)

Dragon your avatar still says 2006 not 2007 under were it says you age and stuff. I know somone told you already but i wanted to remind you .

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi,

My name is Steve and I bought a black 2007 ZZR600 three weeks ago. I've put 1100 miles on it in those three weeks and loved every single mile! I previously owned a Ninja 250R and have enjoyed my step up.

·
Registered
9 Posts
JayDawg said:
Dragon your avatar still says 2006 not 2007 under were it says you age and stuff. I know somone told you already but i wanted to remind you .
Thanks, I got it corrected:cheers

·
Official SBN token hunter
2,115 Posts
i'm looking at ZZR600...i'm 5'10" can in anyone tell how comfortable these are.

I'm looking to use this to commute (average of close to 100 miles a day) & putt around town on weekends

·
learner
354 Posts
comfy for me at 6-4....i think most reviews of the bike, even when it was the ZX-6R, have noted the ergos are pretty comfy.

·
You know, that guy
92 Posts
hey guys

Im Ayden, and completly new to the whole bike riding experience.. I recently bought a 2007 zzr600 in red :)

and for njride im pretty short guy 5 9' on a good day... and its pretty comfy, but then again ive never been on another bike but mine so i dont know if my opinion really matters

·
Premium Member
5,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
!!!!!NJ Ride said:
i'm looking at ZZR600...i'm 5'10" can in anyone tell how comfortable these are.

I'm looking to use this to commute (average of close to 100 miles a day) & putt around town on weekends
I'm 5'-11" the bike is very comfortable. It can be riden 100 miles easy. Great choice of bike IMO.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I am a new rider. My 2006 ZZR 600 was purchased on July 7th. Since buying this bike I have manage to drive 2600 miles(alot Freeway and street commuting), completed MRE classes, and I have obtained my motorcycle license. My primary reason for buying this bike was because of high gas prices; however, I have fallen in love with riding my bike down the canyons and off Paciffic Coast Highway. The insurance on this bike is cheap in comparison to other bikes(zzr it's consider a sport tourer), the engine is smooth and has alot power, and the ergos are wonderful. I wanted a zx-6rr or zx-6r, yet I went with ZZR because of the ergo and overall feel. My only complaint with this bike is the suspension and not having a gas gauge sucks too. Overall ZZR is good bike, if I had to do over I think I would have bought a b***** bike. From the threads in SBN I feel I was mislead into thinking anything b***** than 250 was dangerous. After I pay off my ZZR, I think I am gonna get ZX-10R. Future upgrades will be limited to the decals, yoshi muffler(thanks ZZRocket), and Frame slidders. Also, I so overpaid for my bike! I paid 1000 bucks in freight and build cost(Santa Monica Kawasaki sucks). I check around at other dealers and average cost for freight and build is 500 bucks. If you live in California do not ever pay over 500 for freight and build. That's my 2 cents!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Man all these new guys with the 07 and only have 1000+- miles........i have a 07 and already have over 2500 miles but i got mine August 10th so that might have something to do with it but oh well there still fun as hell

·
Official SBN token hunter
2,115 Posts
how do you determine when to get gas with no gauge...just by how many miles?

·
Premium Member
5,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
!!!!!NJ Ride said:
how do you determine when to get gas with no gauge...just by how many miles?

Even though we all have the same bike, everyones MPG is going to be different. There are a few different factors like riding style and geographic location that make up your MPG. Your bike is equiped with a trip meter. You should zero it out everytime you fill up with gas. Try riding about 100 miles around in your local area. Then go to the gas station and fill up again. Say you put 2.2 gallons of gas into your tank after riding 100 miles. 100 divided by 2.2 = 45.45 MPG. Which on average is about what I get 45 to 49 MPG depending on what type of riding and the terrain I rode that day. So based on 45 MPG with 4.8 gallons of gas I could ride approximately 216 miles on a tank of gas. I normally fill up at around 160 to 180 miles on the trip meter. You were kidding about "how do you determine when to get with no gauge...just by how many miles?" Weren't you???:eek:nfloor :eek:nfloor :eek:nfloor :eek:nfloor It's simple grade school math my friend:dunno

·
Registered
9 Posts
hello all ZZR riders. I don't have a ZZR or any other bike. I'm torn between the ZZr 600 and the f4i. The majority of riding that I plan on will be weekend day trips. I'm looking for an unbiased opinion between the two if that's possible. I only have about an hour of riding experience and got the bug. I'm 5'7" and 170# and plan on taking the MSF. Some concerns that I have about the ZZR is the soft suspention, handling and when sitting on it I have a little more pressure on my wrist than the f4i. Some of the things I like are the softer seat, solid color, better lights, better insurance rates and overall better looking bike. The 4fi is going for $7500 and the ZZR for $7300 so the base cost is not a factor. Thanks in advance for all replys.

·
Premium Member
5,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
the decider said:
hello all ZZR riders. I don't have a ZZR or any other bike. I'm torn between the ZZr 600 and the f4i. The majority of riding that I plan on will be weekend day trips. I'm looking for an unbiased opinion between the two if that's possible. I only have about an hour of riding experience and got the bug. I'm 5'7" and 170# and plan on taking the MSF. Some concerns that I have about the ZZR is the soft suspention, handling and when sitting on it I have a little more pressure on my wrist than the f4i. Some of the things I like are the softer seat, solid color, better lights, better insurance rates and overall better looking bike. The 4fi is going for $7500 and the ZZR for $7300 so the base cost is not a factor. Thanks in advance for all replys.

Welcome to SBN:) I don't know much about the 4fi. But the ZZR600 IMO is a great bike. There is lots of valuble information here about the ZZR600.

·
learner
354 Posts
if you have that little experience, the concerns about the "soft" suspension are entirely misplaced. FTR the mags find the F4i to lack ground clearance...and that won't affect you much either.

On a good day I can ride this bike fast enough to drag my knees, use all of the tire, and keep up with good riders w/ larger engine bikes. So I think the suspension works pretty good....yeah, it's not at the stock settings anymore.

They are both good bikes, but I'm a kawi guy....the engine is sweet, the ergos are comfy, and she flat hauls ass if you ride her correctly. What's not to like? :D

but they are both great bikes, and that seems a very good price on the F4i.

1 - 20 of 1026 Posts