Sport Bikes banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and gals,im new to bikes taking my permit test this November and was wondering if I should get a gsxr 600 or a 750? I was told not to get a 1k since it'll be too much for me,and I was told to start off on a 600cc since im a b***** guy a 6 foot 219 lbs. Would appreciate your guys thoughts also should I buy new or used?

·
Street racing hooligan
152 Posts
Buy what you want. Not sure what you mean about cause you're a b**** guy (what does that mean?).

If you want a litre machine do it. If you can afford the bike, and the auxiliary costs go for it. But as a new rider you need to accept that a 1000cc motorcycle is an incredibly powerful thing. Respect it or risk death (or risk at the least serious injury.

That said, you can die riding like a cunt on a 125cc. So what I'm trying to say is it's all about attitude.

600cc / 750cc are still impressive and powerful bikes, but if the only reason is don't get a litre bike cause your mates say so, I say - Bollocks.

·
Are we not men?
9,033 Posts
Start on something like a used SV650 or an MT-07. Both are light, nimble and with enough power to get you into plenty of trouble. They are easier to learn on, cheaper to buy and insure. It's your first bike, hopefully not your last.

The first year to year and a half are the most dangerous and will have the biggest learning curve. Learning how to read traffic is harder to do when you're spending much of your concentration on operating the bike.

There's an old saying: It's more fun riding a slow bike fast than riding a fast bike slow. Learn to ride the slow bike properly and then move up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts