Sport Bikes banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm new to my 2000 r6. I just started riding last year (zx-7), and was wondering if you could suggest some suspension settings for me.

I'm not a track racer or anything, and not a super crazy fast rider but looking to really improve my riding skills this year (I also have a gs500 to practice on too). I'll go out on the twisties about 2 times a week as well as daily commute with the r6. Like I said I'd rather come home safe then ride out of my limits.

So if you have any suggestions I'd greatly appreciate it!

Cheers.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
30-35mm preload front and rear, damping adjusters set in the middle of their range. Go from there.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
It's from Performance Bikes. It's a British mag. I wouldn't suggest copying anybody's settings unless they happen to weigh as much as you, and even then it's not the greatest way to go about setting up your suspension. May give you a baseline (if same weight rider).

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am also new to my 99 yzf R6 and I also have a question about setting up the suspension... I weigh 180 pounds and was wondering what type of suspension setup should I be looking at for a pretty much begginer rider... I rode all last year but on a cbr and have ridden bikes before that but not a street bike like the R6... Im open to any suggestions and info you guys want to let me in on... I also was curious about steering dampers should I even bother with one being new to the bike and a failry new rider? I know they help with fatigue but I want someon who has used one to give me an opinon on wether or not I should even bother...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I recently just bought a `02 R6 and I'm 5'5 and tippy toe when im sitting, is it possible to lower the suspension and what performance (gains/losses) will incur?

·
Tire Wear Limit Tester
52 Posts
stepy3 said:
I recently just bought a `02 R6 and I'm 5'5 and tippy toe when im sitting, is it possible to lower the suspension and what performance (gains/losses) will incur?
My suggestion is to slide a bit to one side and use one foot.
I'm 5'5" also, and that's what I do. I flatfoot it that way, also. I use the other foot for the rear brake.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I need some help with my suspension. I just recently started riding the track and on my third track day I picked up my pace quite a bit. I was having problems with my footpegs draging, mainly on my rights. Its an 07 R6 and I've been told that I shouldn't have that problem this early. I know that I'm hanging off of the bike enough and I haven't set my suspension up to my weight and riding style yet. So if anyone that has an 06 or 07 that might weigh in or around 175lbs I would greatly appreciate some settings ideas

·
Registered
51 Posts
I am looking for some settings for mine as well, Although I am 6'3" and weight 208 lbs (Without gear) and have a 2007 R6S. I am thinking about taking it to the shop and having them set it up if they will.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts