Sport Bikes banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
SBN's bad luck charm
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stumbled upon your site during a Google search, and I gotta hand it to ya guys, you got it all here!! Beautiful site...

Anyways, I've been a cruiser guy my whole life and I've been itching to get a sportbike for a few years now. Well, now that I can actually afford to insure the damn thing without forking over the GNP of Taiwan, that is. Reason is, is that every time I go out riding with my buddies, I wonder what riding is like "on the other side". Cruisers are great, but sportbikes seem to be the ultimate challenge. Never had a track day, looking forward to that! Hell, I've never even leaned past 80 degrees, haha!

Well, anyways, let me know how I can contribute to the site, and don't be afraid to email me with any questions or commentary, ok?

·
I ♥ ♀
2,764 Posts
Welcome... :twofinger ...(official greeting) Jump in with both feet and enjoy your stay. :cheers

·
Registered
251 Posts
A sport bike will make you redefine "great" with regards to cruisers. Good luck finding a sport bike you like, should be easy enough with the variety available today.

Prepare to be absolutely astounded by the handling, brakes, power and refinement of a modern sport bike. They will make you wonder why you ever rode a cruiser. Wish I'd tried one long before I was 36 years old. Two years and 32,000+ miles of sport bike riding later, I am totally hooked and will NEVER be without one.

·
SBN's bad luck charm
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Thanks for the welcomes guys....good to know I'm not "cast-off" because I ride a cruiser. I've seen that a lot with sporty riders and I've tried to be as patient as possible, luckily I found this site.

In answer to the above questions, I'm looking at a 600RR. No, I'm not gonna go out and swing a leg over a literbike just yet. A couple of years riding these beauties and then I'll look into getting a big daddy. The ZRX1200 (yes, I know the ZRex is a literbike!!) is also an eyecatcher, at least to me. I'm more into just motorcycles than staying within one class of bike (ex. standard, motard, cruiser, sportbike). I'm not really loyal to any one country of manufacture (Italy, Japan) but I do favor Japanese machines. Can't beat the quality, fit and finish and finally PRICE. Italian bikes are gorgeous, granted, but waaaaay too much for me.

The bikes I'm really looking into now are as follows: ZRX1200 (in the future), 600RR, Gixxer750, and lastly a Ninja500. Nothing too extreme, just something to use to break me into the world of superbikes. Also, the insurance will eat me alive if I try to go up to an open-classer right now (waiting for a ticket to disappear come December).

All my riding friends give me hell for not jumpin' on a 1000RR or an R1, but I tell them time and again that I'm not gonna buy a bike that the law won't allow me to use to its full potential out on the street. I just believe that a 750 or a decent 600 will provide just as much thrills as a literbike will while doing so without attracting too much attention from Johnny Lawdog, you know?

Of the few times I've ridden my friends' bikes, I am truly astounded at the braking these babies have. Let's stop right NOW brakes, not like a cruiser which usually takes the better half of a good long fart to stop you. The acceleration, cornering, and general ergos are radically different, obviously, and I'm looking forward to cramping muscles I didn't know I could cramp (haha!).

Thanks for the welcomes once again! And if you have any questions about cruisers (that is, if you ride 'em or are thinking of doing so), give me a holler.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Welcome.. :twofinger have fun and be safe...

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
welcome to the site...glad to hear you are here...:twofinger

·
Registered
646 Posts
Welcome my friend..Keep the sticky side sideways... :twofinger

·
Registered
238 Posts
welcome to the bored :)