Sport Bikes banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all. I recently took delivery of a brand new Cerulean Silver FZ6 (05 of course.)

I have been out of cycling since my son was born in 2001, like many young fathers seem to do, but I was living in the NY/NJ area at that time. My wife and I decided to move to Montana to be closer to her family after 9/11 (long sad story) and I immediately noticed how much I was missing by not being a bike owner anymore. This place is gorgeous, and deserves to be toured on a sweet bike. (anyone interested in touring this area this summer contact me!)

The same weekend I bought my bike, I wrecked my VW R32. This car is almost as important to me as my family (ALMOST!! flamesuit on! lol) Some idiot decided to turn left in front of me at a high rate of speed and hit me almost head on. The car protected me PERFECTLY, but may be totaled. (ask me if I want her back or I want her totaled, and my brain and heart begin to ache.)

Anyway, I am happy to be a new FZ6 owner, and happy that this accident will hopefully re-affirm the need to be vigilant at all intersections. Idiots are everywhere, especially when you are on a bike. I am also happy to have found this forum. I am a long time VWVORTEX forum addict, so I know what online communities are all about. I hope to add positively to all of our experiences.

Thanks for reading, and I look forward to chatting and sharing with all of you in the future. :)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Welcome to the forum and happy riding! ALWAYS watch for the idiots and you'll have a great time riding again! I just got my girlfriend a new jacket and helmet, and can't wait to do some two-up riding!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Welcome aboard! I'm a longtime VW fan myself, having restored a '71 SuperBeetle, and owned a Passat VR6....sold both eventually when I needed a pickup. :D

The Fizzer is a fine machine, you'll enjoy it! If you are going to mod it, your first stop should be FAZR6's FE Mod. :cheers

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Old guy here....short hello....welcome to SBN

·
Registered
457 Posts

'97 Jetta GLX, although my compromise with my wife that allowed the Fizzy may require a minivan to replace Betty

·
Registered
155 Posts
As a VW fan and former GTI owner, I send my sympathies for your lost R32. :(

And welcome to the board :D

·
Registered
853 Posts
Welcome to the forum! This is a fun place and a great bunch of folks on here. :welcome

·
Sigh.......
291 Posts
It sounds like you have the perfect place to be exploreing this summer. Welcome to the board.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just moved back to Montana too. Talk about God's Country. I'm at the other end of state in Glendive. If you get out this way let me know and maybe we can hook up.

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
laimbeer said:
As a VW fan and former GTI owner, I send my sympathies for your lost R32. :(

And welcome to the board :D
As a former GTI (85) owner, I too offer my deepest sympathies for your loss.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Former VW '86 Jetta owner here.... first car and it was great... only problem was it was an 3 speed auto ... 1st gear: Slow, 2nd gear: Really slow, 3rd gear: Grandma slow :eek:nfloor

·
Registered
354 Posts
G'day from Oz kevbelz and welcome to the bored (sic)

I once had a 1964 bug eye Baja which i loved soooooooo much. But had to let her go.
I also had a 1996 Transporter Single Cab and had it for 6 years hard work, but i would never ever buy another one - it was a money pit big time.

But i do dream of a Type 2 Safari window with winkers :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
flipperMAN said:
G'day from Oz kevbelz and welcome to the bored (sic)
G'day to you too. IIRC there are 200 R32's in Aussie-land, and for some reason they sell for $60,000+

1 - 14 of 14 Posts