Sport Bikes banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've just started to learn to ride and barely have my permit. What I'm learning on is something between a cruiser and a sport bike. It's not my bike but a friend is teaching me. I want to get a small crotch rocket mainly because I love the look of them I know that's small minded but it's the truth. The only thing is I'm having second thoughts on riding at all because everyone I talk to tells me that the sport bikes are way more dangerous than a cruiser and I'm gonna kill myself on it. I was just hoping to get some pros and cons on it how long should I be riding before getting one? How to keep the front tire down? Riding techniques that would be good to know or just any knowledge I should know before getting one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mostly people are talking about the fact that temptation of going faster is higher on a super-sport.Speed is deadly, just remember to take it easy, stay inside your skill level by not listening to the speed demon that will be screaming in your ear... My demon sounds just like a M4 lol

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Practice practice practice and read books. I got my MC license at 16 before my car license and took a whole bunch of classes through Young Drivers of Canada. I used my dad’s motorcycle as my mode of transportation to school and the “routine” of riding made it natural to me. Now this was on a 1984 Shadow 500 (I still have the bike), and when I moved to sportbikes I was in for a big surprise; I thought I “knew how to ride” but leaving the dealership on my first sport bike…I almost crashed.

I went back to my old ways..practice practice practice and I started reading. I would take my bike out early in the mornings and just ride around and practice the things I read in the books, then would ride in traffic. I am a speed demon so after numerous speeding tickets and one stint in a cell (regarding my speed) I moved to track days and my riding skills evolved.

But again, I always go back to practice early in the morning and reading. There are soooo many good books available to you. I would read a section and practice it, then read another section and practice it, building my motorcycle knowledge slowly. Now when I get on my bike, we are connected and move as one. People who just “get on a bike and ride”may not understand that feeling.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts