Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to SBN and basically new to riding. In my second year of riding a 2012 Ninja 650. So far so good, I'm loving this bike. It's been the perfect beginner's bike for me. I rode it home 20 miles from the dealer, even though I stalled plenty times it was manageable from the start. Now it's my everyday commuter unless it's raining too hard or temperature is in the teens

I'm already thinking about getting a 600cc for next year. The 636 or CBR 600 are my most likely choices.

·
Are we not men?
9,013 Posts
Good for you. The 600's are a big step up in performance but you should do well with the experience you're getting.

When you get around to getting a new bike, make is less important than comfort.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Welcome to the site. I don't know how you guys ride in the city every day. I do it once in a while and it's so stressful!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good for you. The 600's are a big step up in performance but you should do well with the experience you're getting.

When you get around to getting a new bike, make is less important than comfort.
Yea that's why I picked the 650 as my first bike. I was going to go for the 300, but even though it felt like a perfect fit, I didn't have any room to adjust myself.

Welcome to SBN

Ride safe. The roads are total crap this year.
This winter really messed the roads up. The Kosciuszko bridge on the BQE looks like a battlefield.

Welcome to the site. I don't know how you guys ride in the city every day. I do it once in a while and it's so stressful!
I hated it myself at first. But I'm pretty used to it now, and it's not that bad.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Yeah the BQE is really bad and I haven't even seen them attempt to repair the potholes. I think the highway dept must be all out of money by now, theres just no way they can afford to fix everything.

I'm going to keep my motorcycle upstate this summer and just avoid riding in the city altogether. The best roads are up there anyway. Take a ride up to Harriman State Park if you want to see some nice roads.

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
yeah city riding is the pits- BF rides frequently up there- he saves money and it's faster but I might want to punch myself in the face if I had to do that.

They tend to wait till they know they won't have to plow again.

NJ is pretty effed up too- i'm honestly a little surprised I haven't blown a tire in my car yet.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Welcome and enjoy the bike.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts