Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
______ETA B4U______
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Some one "pulled out in front of him" and he nailed them. Two broken hips and some other broken bones. Skin graph needed as well. Bought the bike a month ago as his first. I guess the point of the post is another reason to not get a 1000 as a first bike. I don't know the guy personally because there are 400 people in the building but it was floating all around today. Sucks.

edit - I admit I don't know if it had anything to do with the bike being a 1000. Just making an assumption after being on this board for a few years and hearing all the other stories.

·
Eurofag
1,792 Posts
ouch, doubt he'll be getting on a bike again.

Why on earth do some people buy these bikes as their first bike. ? Have they no idea how fast big bikes are ?

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
bomma said:
ouch, doubt he'll be getting on a bike again.

Why on earth do some people buy these bikes as their first bike. ? Have they no idea how fast big bikes are ?
Ignorance is bliss. Until it means physical threapy, stiches and extended hospital stays.

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
Not trying to defend him but, how does someone pulling out in front of him have anything to do with what bike he was on? If he was on a ninja 250, he still would have been fucked up.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
he fell right into the stats.........

·
Registered
376 Posts
what does the type bike have to do with someone pulling out in front of him? COuldve been on a moped. Not like he goosed the throttle and went over backwards from power right? UNless he was heatin down the road and someone pulled out at the last second, but damn, there are some factors and circumstances that will get you no matter what you are riding guys!!

EDIT: god damn it Spike!! you beat me to it almost word for word!! lol

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
I beat you to it blufire :D Except I changed it from a moped to a Ninja 250... a moped will only do about 40 mph which can only cause so much damage, but he could have been going 90 on a ninja 250 and ate shit lol

·
Registered
430 Posts
Spike said:
Not trying to defend him but, how does someone pulling out in front of him have anything to do with what bike he was on? If he was on a ninja 250, he still would have been fucked up.
+1

·
______ETA B4U______
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Spike said:
Not trying to defend him but, how does someone pulling out in front of him have anything to do with what bike he was on? If he was on a moped, he still would have been fucked up.
I did the "pulled out in front of him" thing because that is what was said. I have had people pull out in front of me plenty of times and I didn't eat shit. I have a feeling it could have been avoided with experience or maybe he was speeding but that is just a guess. You are right though. I shouldn't jump to conclusions.

·
Light it up! Light it up!
1,459 Posts
sorry to play the 'other side' but we don't know the situation behind the wreck. it could have been a legitimate wreck that could have been caused by him going the speed limit and someone pulling out in front of him.

from the injuries tho, i'd say he was probably speeding, but i don't know for sure.

i support start small, but I just think before this threads gets a ton of responses we should all recognize we don't know the entire circumstance.

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
Damn, I made a valid point for once..... amazing.

yeah this thread has had like 12 responses in 4 or 5 minutes, that's crazy!

·
No limit hypocrite
1,695 Posts
bomma said:
hey.. at least that kid was REALLY REALLY "COOL" for that month.. because being "cool", and having the new hotness in bikes is worth 6 months in a wheelchair..
Glad he lived, even happier that he learned his lesson. Its guys like that that let us buy good cheap used parts off ebay...

·
Eurofag
1,792 Posts
BluFireF4 said:
what does the type bike have to do with someone pulling out in front of him? COuldve been on a moped. Not like he goosed the throttle and went over backwards from power right? UNless he was heatin down the road and someone pulled out at the last second, but damn, there are some factors and circumstances that will get you no matter what you are riding guys!!
Quite simply it's because a faster bike is easier to get into trouble on. If you're on a moped then your speed is slow and you ain't going to get into sticky situations as quickly.

The bloke was on an R1, and it was his first bike, so it's a logical assumption that he'd had a few weeks getting used to the feel of the bike, and then he was going a bit quicker as his confidence grew. Trouble is he had no 'road craft' to draw on when it all went pear shaped and he wrecked it.

·
DT is happy it snowed
1,582 Posts
Being a new rider, his situational awareness was not developed very well yet. I'm not so sure this accident is a function of being on an R1 (though I doubt that helped anything), but rather just being a green rider.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Nevrsumr22 said:
I did the "pulled out in front of him" thing because that is what was said. I have had people pull out in front of me plenty of times and I didn't eat shit. I have a feeling it could have been avoided with experience or maybe he was speeding but that is just a guess. You are right though. I shouldn't jump to conclusions.

Now, if the story is "someone pulled out in front of him and he grabbed a handful of front brake" or for some strange reason decided to goose the throttle, then ya, he shouldnt have had it :D

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
Nevrsumr22 said:
Golf clap. :twofinger :eek:nfloor
I'm going to kill you haha

·
Registered
912 Posts
Spike said:
to play devil's advocate to your post here...

The simple fact of the matter is, one of two things MOST LIKELY caused this accident. Either the guy didn't know how to brake properly, or was going to fast to slow down in a short enough distance. Sure someone pulled out in front of him which wasn't his fault, but any rider obeying the speed limit (all the way up to highway speeds of 55mph) should be able to stop or swerve around a car pulling out into or across their lane in no more than 50-60 feet. The fact that he started on an R1 means that he was more about the look than the lifestyle, and was at a serious disadvantage on the learning curve. Had he started on a 250 Ninja and taken the MSF course he most likely would've avoided the accident because he would've known how to stop or swerve around the car properly, or he wouldn't have been speeding. Not saying that a 250 ninja can't break the speed limit, but honestly people are a lot less likely and/or tempted to do so.

Based on the injuries listed, he was probably doing somewhere close to 75-80, not wearing enough gear (if any at all), and wasn't paying attention to his environment. Whose fault is it on the police report? Probably the cager. In real life though, the biker was probably at fault.

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
Oh, I totally understand everything that you're saying, and he probably was speeding, and not paying attention to his surroundings, which the R1 wasn't helping in any way... but the first post said that someone pulled out in front of him. Now, without knowing EXACTLY what happened, I think it's fair to say that it's possible that the fact he was riding an R1 may not have been a huge factor in the crash, although it probably was lol

1 - 20 of 49 Posts