Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.yamaha-motor.ca/products/accessories_apparel.php?section=aa&model=459&apparel=7&accessory=138&#accessoryApparel

We have (at least from Yamaha Canada):

* Yamaha Tank Pad Cover
* Yamaha Engine Guard
* Yamaha Seat Cowl (Looks good)
* Yamaha Hot Grips
* Yamaha Gas Tank Trim
* Yamaha aluminum anodized license plate frame
* Yamaha Gas Tank/Windshield anodized screws

The most interesting are the seat cowl and engine guard. Since you can't have the engine guard and sliders at the same time (I would hazard that the sliders would do the better job), I'm really only interested in that cowl.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Binary Jay said:
http://www.yamaha-motor.ca/products/accessories_apparel.php?section=aa&model=459&apparel=7&accessory=138&#accessoryApparel

* Yamaha Tank Pad Cover
* Yamaha Engine Guard
* Yamaha Hot Grips
* Yamaha Gas Tank Trim

The most interesting are the seat cowl and engine guard. Since you can't have the engine guard and sliders at the same time (I would hazard that the sliders would do the better job), I'm really only interested in that cowl.
May want to search but last year I know it was discussed but no one seemed to like the fit of the Yamaha seat cowl thus most people ended up with the TCP one, also recall a review some where too about the Yamaha seat cowl.

·
Registered
482 Posts

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah this stuff is new on the Canadian site.

·
Registered
68 Posts
jcaesar said:
20 bucks for four screws, they are kidding right?!!
Yeah but those screws are proudly made in Canada. All those out of work hockey players need something to do, right? :lao

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Binary Jay said:

* Yamaha Tank Pad Cover
* Yamaha Engine Guard
* Yamaha Hot Grips
* Yamaha Gas Tank Trim

The most interesting are the seat cowl and engine guard.
Jay, I don't know of the engine guard would work with the lower cowl anyway.

Have you done an oil change on yours since you installed the lower cowl? I changed mine on the weekend and I think you have to remove the cowl. At least I removed mine to do it, I didn't have much time to mess around so I went for the sure thing.

·
Ride Naked
3,324 Posts
Kinda wish they had these...

Call me strange, but I almost sorta kinda maybe might be liking this thing. It's just so different that it might look good on the bike. One of those and the laser extreme quads would go well with the rest of the high tech differentness of the bike... MAYBE. lol I haven't fully decided. :bitchslap

Attachments

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I haven't done an oil change since I installed the chin fairing but I would assume you'd have to take it off to do one... at least I was planning on it. The last thing you want is to get oil all over the thing, then you'd have to take it off anyway to properly clean it and create more work for yourself.

Besides it's only 4 bolts.

·
Bennedetto!
508 Posts
Hi everyone,

I have seen two seat cowls, one from TCP and one from Yamaha. I like the look of the Yamaha one more, but have read (above) that it kinda sucks. I also wish it fully covered the rear seat. As for the TCP one, I really don't like the little "fin" it has on it. Ok, so the question I have for everyone is: Are there any other companies making seat cowlings for the FZ6?

Thanks all.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks like it just bolts onto the swingarm.

The swingarm is identical to north american bikes for all I know, I don't see a reason why it wouldn't work.

·
Ride Naked
3,324 Posts
Ryce Krysp said:
does anyone know how the spray guard fits on the bike...can it be ordered for the american model. I can bet this has been asked before.....
Spray Guard Alu

Looks like it attaches via the axle nut.
Nope, it's a Europe only deal as of now. I looked into it and I think it came to around $350 US to get one over here. Not worth that much IMHO.

·
Registered
292 Posts
crx81 said:
Looks like it attaches via the axle nut.
Nope, it's a Europe only deal as of now. I looked into it and I think it came to around $350 US to get one over here. Not worth that much IMHO.

unless you know that it's coming over here...I think I want to order it. I think that it would add a very interesting look. Plus, I would add something to that plain swingarm.

·
Registered
777 Posts
I'm not impressed with either seat cowl, both are rather ugly.
How hard can it be to design a smooth cowl to flow into the tail light in a roadracing style?
In fact most of the Yamaha accessories are junk imo, except the lower cowl.
Hopefully the aftermarket mfg's will see us price pointed buyers have some money left over for cool accessories.
Bring it on...

·
Registered
341 Posts
That spray guard is pretty lame. I think it would look incredibly stupid on a bike.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts