Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey :)
Was doing some Googling about FZ6 exhausts when I ran into this site. Seemed great so I registered right away :)

Now... having read every thread somewhat, I still haven't found out what's the "bulge" on the exhaust just behind the engine? Is it the cat converter? Has anyone removed it?

I'm also looking for an affordable exhaust system. So far G-Force and possibly Scorpion seem reasonably priced. Any hints about cheap resellers in Europe?

I saw some of you bought Scorpions.. How much did they cost afterall? Sound good?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Proc said:
Hey :)
Was doing some Googling about FZ6 exhausts when I ran into this site. Seemed great so I registered right away :)

Now... having read every thread somewhat, I still haven't found out what's the "bulge" on the exhaust just behind the engine? Is it the cat converter? Has anyone removed it?
Yes it is the CAT, and several have removed it by adding an aftermarket up pipe.

I am waiting for Laser to finish deveolpment of thier up pipe for my Extremes and then the CAT will be thrown out of the house for good.

Now, if we can only work on some of those greenies that caused this stupid scare in the first place. :comp

Skippy

·
Registered
52 Posts
Does removing the CAT make a big difference in Horse power? On stock pipes and aftermarket?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Greenies?!?! Hey I take offence to that... but for some reason I think I'll be able to compromise when it comes to a bikes, being that they don't put out too much pollution to begin with, well not compared to a big ass truck with a v-10 anyway...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any ideas which manufacturers makes those up pipes?
Luckily it's just a short piece, and on a straight section, so it would probably be easy to get one made too..

·
Registered
53 Posts
The cat was put there to comply with upcoming emissions law changes over the pond. They're going to get pretty stringent, and cali's getting bad about it too.

Does it make a difference in HP? Not much, not by itself. If you want to feel a boost, however, you can mod out the airbox to increase flow through, and get a b***** cat-less pipe running to the dual box under your pillion seat. You might want to invest in a guage-corrector, though. With too many mods, your bike will *register* that it's going a lot faster than it really is....(swapping out sprockets, tires, etc). Unfortunately, this means that your limiter will also kick in before it's really needed...(or wanted). Bypass that, get a dyno to re-tune the bike back to R6 specs, and VOILA!

98 hp suddenly turns into "Le Sleeeeeper!"

·
Registered
205 Posts
Cavi said:
why should swapping the sprokets change the spedo reading, doesnt it read from the front wheel?
The speed reading is electronic and is probably taken from the gearbox or tachometer, or a mixture of the two.

Skippy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts