Sport Bikes banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been reading up on tyres and i think im due a replacement set pretty soon so i was wondering if the bridgestone battlax bt016s were a good choice for the fz6 or are these sportsbike specific tyres , if so would the battlax bt021s be a good choice?

Thanks

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Had a quick read of the tyres thread but it doesn't really say if anyone is using the bt016s and whether there a good tyre for the fz6 or more geared towards sports bikes..

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
It depends on the riding you are doing. If you are a weekend rider, the BT21s offer great grip and last longer than stradas according to my experience. They require much more time than the stradas to get into temp though. So, if you ride daily, small distances, this is not your tire.

Elsewise, it's an excellent set of sport touring tires.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
I ride on cold wet roads so Pilot Powers were my choice.
They warm up fast and do very well in the rain.

:beer

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I commute everyday to work, which isnt that much of a ride (about 16 miles), temperature wise weathers never the best in london and very unpredictable :(

·
Registered
445 Posts
Pilot Powers do good in the rain???? Good thing I read that from here i was at the dealer looking to replace stock tires after about 5500 miles on my 2007 fz6 the guy told me if you want to ride in anything other then hot sticky days dont get the pilot powers. I was looking into metzlers RoadTec Z6. Now I might look back at the pilot powers...... damn tires choice so hard.

·
Sport Touring Rider
676 Posts
Pilot Powers do good in the rain???? Good thing I read that from here i was at the dealer looking to replace stock tires after about 5500 miles on my 2007 fz6 the guy told me if you want to ride in anything other then hot sticky days dont get the pilot powers. I was looking into metzlers RoadTec Z6. Now I might look back at the pilot powers...... damn tires choice so hard.
I am going to install Roadtec Z6's because they are supposed to wear like iron and stick better than the BT-020's that came stock. The RoadTec Z6 and the Pilot Powers are two totally different tires. Powers will not last as long as the BT-020 or BT-021, where the Z6 should last quite a bit longer than both.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I just put a set of pilot road 2's on and I'm loving them. Very neutral tire, grips excellent in rain etc. and I can still churn up the turns. Hopefully they last as long as I'm reading they do as I only got about 6,000 miles out of the stockers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts