Sport Bikes banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Wish it was a little closer to Poughkeepsie but it doesn't look like it will be terribly far from Hartford. We have friends in Albany so I guess I could make a weekend out of it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
I'm about to shit my pants from excitement.
Monticello motor club can go F itself, won't need to hope they let us back.
If this opens, this is like a jog down the road from me at an hour and a half away, compared to going to NHMS at almost 5 hours.

·
Registered
848 Posts
now, if someone would build a track in SD near Rapid City. driving 8 hrs to go to a track sux major donkey dodo.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
I'm about to shit my pants from excitement.
Monticello motor club can go F itself, won't need to hope they let us back.
If this opens, this is like a jog down the road from me at an hour and a half away, compared to going to NHMS at almost 5 hours.
Although it was a disappointment Monticello nixed the bike clubs I can't say I blame them. It is a private club after all. Those members pay some hefty dues annually to use the facility whenever they want. The bike clubs were never members. They just forked over money for track rental. If I were a member of an exclusive car club and was denied access because some trackday club wanted to rent the place on one of the few days I get some free time to drive my car there I'd be pretty pissed too.

·
Registered
21,263 Posts
Been following on facebook. They finished up the track underlayment this week. I'm hoping they open next year.

But I am hoping other orgs can run there. I am not a fan of TPM.

·
Registered
21,263 Posts
Bump.

Apparently they have a log cabin you can stay in. That's pretty sweet if you ask me.

Oh, and the track is looking good.

Looooooong straight

Updated track map:

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
I was at a track day with TPM and they were talking about 600 feet of elevation changes if I remember correctly (which i almost 100% don't). Either way it was a suicidal amount of elevation changes....Should be interesting. That first picture looks pretty sick...

Just saw the link you posted says only 150 feet.............wtf. Wonder what they were smoking......

·
Registered
21,263 Posts
I was at a track day with TPM and they were talking about 600 feet of elevation changes if I remember correctly (which i almost 100% don't). Either way it was a suicidal amount of elevation changes....Should be interesting. That first picture looks pretty sick...

Just saw the link you posted says only 150 feet.............wtf. Wonder what they were smoking......
I believe the 600 is if you count every rise and every fall. 150 might be the lowest point to the highest point.

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
That place is stupid far considering how close NJMP is- makes me sad- but oh well. Will be nice to have more options!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts