Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a new 05 zzr600 and i have about 180 miles on it, changed oil once already and decided to see if it would wheelie power wheeling it did but felt odd and the landing didn't feel too good, did some research here and read that the best way is to clutch wheelie, should I wait til this bike is fully broken in or past 600 miles and a few more oil changes before attempting any other wheelies? J/w thanks.

·
Registered
72 Posts
sounds like it's your first bike... id suggest waiting the 600 miles and then wait 1,000 more before you start wheelieing. get a steering damper at least.
please be careful.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its my second "first" bike, i had a 750 i learned on and am playing with this, i will take it easy a bit from now on. I tired doing one in second gear at 15 mph reving it up and letting the clutch out and the bike just jumps forward and doesn't come up, when i crack the throttle in first it'll pop up

·
Registered
22 Posts
doin some lookin, the ZZR is on the same platform as the CBR F4i. 2nd gear will prob need some clutching.
Personally I'd wait till it is broke in and, like Drog said' wait another 1000. Even though you had another bike, get used to the feel of this one.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
can snapping the throttle (is that called power wheeling?) hurt the bike? I don't know maybe its me but since i started doing that when i roll on the throttle the bike jerks abit instead of as smooth when i first got it, now i have 200 miles on it. Could the throttle cable need adjusting? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Wait at least 1000 miles.

Clutching is the best way to go on a bike like that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts