Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Come from a FZ1 Background, however she met the end of her street days as she went head to head with a truck that crossed the double yellow. So i am looking at the fz6 to replace her...... I got my fz1 in 2001 new...last friday i got the broken collar bone and no more ride.....so.....
Do you get any performance boost with new cans and the dyno jet pack? Speed is really not important to me, i tour and twistie ride more than ride fast...so.... If seems like a great bike for a 42 yr old 6' 200lb dude who enjoys to ride.........yes no maybe so?
Thanks Guys....
Regards,
Greg

·
Registered
74 Posts
I know I steered you in here from the General area so I'll pipe in first. I think the first thing you'll find here is that not a single person (I don't think) will say "I wish I had bought _______ instead." We all love the FZ6. I can't compare it to the FZ1 or even a litrebike as I've never ridden one.

The only significant issue you'll even see about this bike is the 'TPS issue' that seems to cause issues, especially on the '04 bikes (or all the '05s are still to new to show it).

Perhaps some of the guys with experience on the big bikes can shed some additional light on this bike for you and whether or not you'd be satisfied.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for pointing me in here, i am sure in time, i have alot of that 45 days off work... lol i will read up and check out the fz6. The fz1 is alot of bike, i never used it ...hardly ever went over 9k on the tach... but loved it...the fz6 looks clean...glad it is here in the states now....Thanks again and ill read up on the tps issue.......
Greg

·
Registered
74 Posts
Glad you're ok! I should have said that in the first post! Doh...

There's a wealth of information in here and you shouldn't have any problem finding the answers to your questions.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
leere said:
Glad you're ok! I should have said that in the first post! Doh...

There's a wealth of information in here and you shouldn't have any problem finding the answers to your questions.

no problem, it is finally sinking in how LUCKY i really am to be here......

thanks again!
Regards,
Greg

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Greg. Coming from a FZ1, you will find that you have to use the shifter more precisely and rev a little higher. You wont have the low end and mid torque compared to the liter bike. The 6 is more flickable and has a much lighter feel. You must test drive one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts