Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'm new to the site and forums in general. I'll start with the basics lol. My name is Shawn, I'm 29 and work in small engine repair while being in school for motorcycle mechanics and diagnostics. I currently ride a 2006zx636 but according to resistance measurements my stator coil is shot. I tore down basically the whole top end of the bike and dismantled and tested the starter motor, related starter solenoid, opened up the crankshaft and stator and checked all fuses and for any bare wiring. Only thing I could come up with after checking resistance from the crankshaft sensor is that the coil is shorted or a coil is open. On the plus side while having the bike in pieces and waiting for a new coil, it gives me a chance to measure and check all other specs and get a good all around cleaning of the engine and everything else. Also going to go ahead and install new 15tooth front sprocket and 46tooth rear sprocket and new chain instead of waiting for next season.... well for now that's about all I can say other than of anyone has any suggestions or know of any diy performance upgrades I could do(ive herd of taking off secondary fuel injectors being Kawasaki specific but haven't found any material to read up on it) please feel free to chime in :) loving the site so far... Everyone ride safe and I look forward to the future on this forum

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice, I'm always looking for people to ride with if you ever make it out this way. Unfortunately I can't seem to figure out my bikes issue right now an we are running out of ride time pretty fast booooooo

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Absolutely man, too bad you aren't closer or I'd try to enlist your help with getting my bike back up and running :\ till then ride safe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts