Sport Bikes banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
get-bent said:
Well since he is asking for dealers, here are the ones I know of, other people can let you know more since I am sorta new to the area too:

Matison Motorsports - In North Raleigh off Capital Blvd
Team Powersports - In Garner off Rt. 70
Durham Suzuki Kawasaki - In Durham off Rt 70/Miami Blvd
Triangle Cycles - In Durham off Chapel Hill Blvd
Check those places all out and see who you're comfy dealing with. I bought my ninja 650 from Durham Suzi/Kawi, and I'm happy with the bike+dealership. I will add a +1 to the recommendation on the Suzuki sv650. I have a bud who's casually trying to move a copper '03 sv 650 - one of the other guys we work with has dibs, but he may be passing on it, not sure. I could hook you up if you want ot check it out though.

Whatever you buy, check into getting frame sliders for it.

-Dave

·
Registered
226 Posts
PlayWithGravity said:
Hope you plan to take a training class; well worth the time and $.
Absolutely. The classes are not expensive, teach you alot of good skills, and count as your road test when you get your license.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
PlayWithGravity said:
Where're you moving from? The cold, bleak, white, depressing north?

Hope you plan to take a training class; well worth the time and $.

Have you considered a Buell, like the XB9R?
Just moved here from south Florida, But Im originally from Colorado, Thats why I like the weather up here so much it reminds me alot of Co. I used to ride dirt bikes alot when I was a kid, but Im still planning on taking the safety course. I think they have one right here at Wake tech. Im actually in Holly springs so I think that will be the closest place.

·
Registered
236 Posts
i'm in Holly Springs too. Just sign up for the course as soon as you can...i hear sometimes the wait list is 6 months out.

·
Registered
236 Posts
cool. always looking for someone to ride with out there...at least for the meet-ups in Raleigh

·
Registered
136 Posts
If the wait times at Wake Tech are too long, you can try giving Ray Price a call. I paid a bit more for the course there, but the wait was much shorter, so I was willing to pay. It's another option to consider, at any rate.

-Dave

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys. I just joined this site today and couldn't help but notice the postings regarding Holly Springs. This probably isn't the right thread for this, but I live there as well and would like to meet other riders in the area.

Keith
03 FZ1 (faster silver color)

·
Registered
226 Posts
NTSOFAST said:
Hi guys. I just joined this site today and couldn't help but notice the postings regarding Holly Springs. This probably isn't the right thread for this, but I live there as well and would like to meet other riders in the area.

Keith
03 FZ1 (faster silver color)
I live between Penney & 1010 roads, very close to HS.

·
Registered
236 Posts
welcome guys! i see a few guys riding around from time to time, just never when i'm on my bike.

maybe we can all get up for a ride soon..i'm still trying to discover some backroads out here that maybe some of you guys already know about.

Hey moderator, i think Holly springs may need it's own sub-forum soon

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
welcome!!! I have changed my mind, and now Im set on a Ninja 650R. Im dealing with one right now. So with any luck I should be riding it within the next week or so.

·
Banned
4,653 Posts

·
Banned
4,653 Posts
DisplcdTexn said:
welcome guys! i see a few guys riding around from time to time, just never when i'm on my bike.

maybe we can all get up for a ride soon..i'm still trying to discover some backroads out here that maybe some of you guys already know about.

Hey moderator, i think Holly springs may need it's own sub-forum soon
NC is getting ready to get its own forum altogether. Those fuckers deleted my thread though.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts