Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, Im just looking for some advise on where to get a bike. Im looking for a FZ6, or Ninja 650 and just want to know whats the best place to deal with.
I just got here last Sat. so Im not to familiar with the area or shops yet
Thanks

·
Slower
190 Posts
Welcome to NC!

I can't be of much help, I avoid Raleigh at all costs. There's a ton of other people from Raleigh on here though, so I'm sure someone can help you out.

·
Registered
248 Posts
:welcome to N.C.:banana Check out Team Powersports on hwy 70 in Garner. I have always had positive results when dealing with them. That new FZ1 in the showroom looks wicked as hell, well except for that ugly-ass rear fender thing!!

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
toyotafj40s said:
would this be ur 1st bike? if not... FZ1 :)!!1
If he's looking at the FZ6 and the Ninja 650, I'm betting first bike.

You might want to throw the SV650 (S or naked) into your choices as well. :)

IF you're considering a SV as well, the local dealer (in Sanford) was letting them go for under $6k OTD for the S model last year (on 06 models, not a leftover). I'm sure they'd do the same now.

And welcome to the board!

·
Registered
9,618 Posts
Subliminal said:
... I avoid Raleigh at all costs. T ...

+1 GAZILLION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if you like red brick, then raleigh is the place for you. :barf otherwise orange county is the place. go heels!

BTW,
:welcome

·
Downtown Sport Commuter
873 Posts
:welcome

I've been riding a ninja 650 for a little over a year now and it's my first bike. I bought mine from Matison in north Raleigh. They aren't known for having great prices, though. It's just like buying a car, it really pays to call everywhere that's in driving range. You can rent a bike trailer from uhaul from $15. You should also really consider used bikes. Craigslist's raleigh motorcycles section is very active. HTH!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
toyotafj40s said:
would this be ur 1st bike? if not... FZ1 :)!!1
Yep this will be my first street bike, And since moving to NC I just really want one now. So many places to ride here.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Well since he is asking for dealers, here are the ones I know of, other people can let you know more since I am sorta new to the area too:

Matison Motorsports - In North Raleigh off Capital Blvd
Team Powersports - In Garner off Rt. 70
Durham Suzuki Kawasaki - In Durham off Rt 70/Miami Blvd
Triangle Cycles - In Durham off Chapel Hill Blvd

·
ALL weather rider
207 Posts
I bought my 06 FZ7 from team power sports....Good experience all around.

I just bought an 07 Bandit 1250s from Matison. Awaiting delivery, but so far...I have zero complaints.

Since its your first bike...I would recommend the ninja or SV. I just totalled my FZ6 (And I have been riding for several years), and IMO...the fz6 isn't the "ideal" starter bike...A lot of power and a hard-hitting powerband.

Hope that helps...again, just my opinions :)

·
Registered
412 Posts
Welcome! and get the FZ6 over the other choices you mentioned............yes it is quicker i.e. you wont want to sell it after 5 or 6 months

·
Registered
82 Posts
Matison Motorsports - In North Raleigh off Capital Blvd
Team Powersports - In Garner off Rt. 70
Durham Suzuki Kawasaki - In Durham off Rt 70/Miami Blvd
Triangle Cycles - In Durham off Chapel Hill Blvd
Also there is Cycle Gear in Garner and Barnetts in Raleigh off of Lake WHeeler... I would not recommend going to Barnetts though.. They are a bunch of idiots and the tall grey creepy guy that works there is always tryin to get me to take pictures on my bike They pretty much also don't have a clue when it comes to bikes. :pisson

I personally like Triangle Cycles, Cycle Gear and Madison Motorsports :phatyo

·
Registered
226 Posts
SqUiRt3 said:
Also there is Cycle Gear in Garner and Barnetts in Raleigh off of Lake WHeeler... I would not recommend going to Barnetts though.. They are a bunch of idiots and the tall grey creepy guy that works there is always tryin to get me to take pictures on my bike They pretty much also don't have a clue when it comes to bikes. :pisson

I personally like Triangle Cycles, Cycle Gear and Madison Motorsports :phatyo
Cycle Gear is not a dealer its a gear shop.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yeah matison is good, just make sure you go in there with a clear head and a good gameplan as to getting a price you want for a bike. If you let them sense your weakness....you'll get the raping of a lifetime :welcome

·
Registered
236 Posts
+1 on triangle cycles. good guys there. if i recall, they only deal honda's and yamaha's. Kawasaki/Suzuki of durham, closer to raleigh, are good too.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts