Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The original owner of my z750s returned from deployment, and per our agreement, I sold it back to him.

This left me with my venerable GS500.

Now, I love my GS. I do. I have personally put over 150k on that bike. However, it is getting a little old, and sad. So, for the past few months I have been keeping my eyes open for an upgrade. I was looking for either a 650r, gsx650f, sv650 or if I could somehow find one, another z750s.

Low and behold I spotted this little beauty.

2006 SV650S - only 1500 miles. Bonus? only $2800.

So this morning I drove up to Tampa (140ish miles), gave it the once over, paid for it and rode it home.

Reactions: ANORXIC'51

·
Registered
363 Posts
The original owner of my z750s returned from deployment, and per our agreement, I sold it back to him.

Now, I love my GS. I do. I have personally put over 150k on that bike. However, it is getting a little old, and sad. So, for the past few months I have been keeping my eyes open for an upgrade. I was looking for either a 650r, gsx650f, sv650 or if I could somehow find one, another z750s.

So this morning I drove up to Tampa (140ish miles), gave it the once over, paid for it and rode it home.

Awesome deal on a great bike! Kudos to you man, if you're anything like me you're gonna love that SV and regret if you ever sell it.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Awesome ride and for a steal! I paid the same for mine. Red and yellow are the best looking svs.

I just started stripping my SV to make her a dedicated track bike, so if you're looking for a tail tidy, flushmounts, or a sargeant seat pm me. I'll have them on svrider soon

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How is the seat? I know that the ride this morning showed me three things -

I need to ride more

I need to lose weight

I need a better seat ;p

Stock was a little rough after the first 50 miles, and kinda painful after 100.

Probably not the best way to introduce my body to its new mount.

·
Registered
234 Posts

Wow what a nice deal! I sold my 250 and have been looking for either a ninja 650r or sv650. Prices in my area are horrible. I've been to see three bikes and all had issues. I don't care much about scratches and scuffs but all these other problems like weird mods to the bikes that I have no interest in, bad condition, not taken care of.

Enjoy it! I want to get one soon while it's still summer so I can get used to it like I was on my ninja 250.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
From what I read the corbin is firmer than the sargeant, so better for heavier riders, I'm pretty light so bought the sargeant and its a lot comfier than stock. I also have the rear seat cover that matches. Its a bit wider and flatter so it doesn't angle or scoot you forward as much

Here's a thread on svrider

http://www.svrider.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125555

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will say, this little beauty has some get up and go. I mean obviously coming from the GS, but even over the z750s. I am absolutely going to fix the clip-ons though, the current position is just too much of a lean.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I will say, this little beauty has some get up and go. I mean obviously coming from the GS, but even over the z750s. I am absolutely going to fix the clip-ons though, the current position is just too much of a lean.
Do they all have clip ons? Or maybe I was just used to the ninja 650r where they are more straight up. I also noticed the clip ons throw off my turning by a bit especially slow speed turns. Mainly because I was used to the 250 handle bars. I hear though that you can raise them somewhat.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the 650r has handlebars, as does the gsx650f and the sv650. the sv650s has the bikini fairing and clip-ons. And yeah, it looks like for my purposes I can either swap the top out for a naked top, or I can opt for convertibars.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Nice bike. I have the same one, color and all (as does one other on this site) Always strange looking at your own bike in someone else's post. I went with the Sargent seat. You lose a bit of seat height, but Corbin's were always too hard for me. On SVRider they explain the TPS mod, you may want to do that. Also, pic up an ATRE from a guy on there. A free and low cost mod that both help nicely. (And that's just tip of the SV iceberg. Shit like front and rear suspension, braided lines, slip on, and your mentioned handle bars etc etc. Your wallet will be introduced to the moths in no time.)

Time to change the iced tea in your brake fluid reservoir, too. :p

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Time to change the iced tea in your brake fluid reservoir, too. :p
Yep. That and the oil. Bike is basically perfect.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts