Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say whats up. Just moved to Phoenix with my GF from Maine in February. Love the area, always been into cars, auto-x and more specifically rally and motorsports. For the most part been a Subaru guy but like everyone. My GF actually began riding before me last fall and continued when we moved out here but she sold her bike to buy a new car even though she will be looking for a new bike this fall.

I know all the most useless info about cars and stuff going on around Phoenix but nothing about bike, clubs, other forums specific to Arizona?....all that good stuff.

I take my MSF course in Glendale around the middle of september and pick up my first bike purchase from Cali in a week or two. Was looking for a 03-04 R6 but could not find much in the price range I was looking for so settled on an 03 ZX-6R. Eventually would like to get in on track days, group rides, etc. For right now just looking for some good people that understand this is my first time ever on two wheels.

Ill start with what a good mesh jacket to pick up? Seems to hot right now to think about leather.

More to come.
 

·
Combat Marshmellow
Joined
·
13,132 Posts
welcome to the addiction....:cheers

lot of great guys and gals here at SBN and more importantly here in the AZ Forum....
we play hard so don't get offended easily - but don't worry i'm the one they usually abuse...

now post some pics of the bike as soon as you get it here.... :fiddy

ps - never too hot for leather :bitchslap
 

·
Valie Parking
Joined
·
925 Posts
badgixxer said:
ps - never too hot for leather :bitchslap
thats the first brite thing i have ever heard you say :eek:nfloor

see we all pick on him :banana

my moto : ild rather sweat then bleed :beer
 

·
Combat Marshmellow
Joined
·
13,132 Posts
faster sissy said:
my moto : ild rather sweat then bleed :beer
i thought your moto was - gimme another :beer
 

·
Valie Parking
Joined
·
925 Posts
badgixxer said:
i thought your moto was - gimme another :beer
well that way i sweat more :bitchslap
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys.

So you wouldn't recommend any type of mesh air/flo jacket for occasional commute to work or similar? I understand the protection is crap compared to decent leather, just looking for real-world expierience since I have only been in the valley 6+ months, and in Maine you could ride 4 months safely out of the year if you were lucky.
 

·
Combat Marshmellow
Joined
·
13,132 Posts
CWBOYUP said:
Thanks guys.

So you wouldn't recommend any type of mesh air/flo jacket for occasional commute to work or similar? I understand the protection is crap compared to decent leather, just looking for real-world expierience since I have only been in the valley 6+ months, and in Maine you could ride 4 months safely out of the year if you were lucky.
just remember that more people die in phoenix than in any other city becuase people run red lights here all the time....
 

·
vvv HOTDOG NECK vvv
Joined
·
5,293 Posts
I have a Joe Rocket Phoenix jacket. I wouldn't want to sliding very far with it to say the least. Not the best protection but human leather isn't very resistant to asphault either.
 

·
Combat Marshmellow
Joined
·
13,132 Posts
kick ass sea bass - Philbie that's a kick ass oic in your avatar...
 

·
vvv HOTDOG NECK vvv
Joined
·
5,293 Posts
Andy took that pic the weekend you were gone. He did an awesome job IMO. Considering that the bike is a 91 GSXR750. If I remember correctly you saw the school bus yellow streak pass you and disappear in the distance when you were on your 02 GSXR1000.
 

·
Combat Marshmellow
Joined
·
13,132 Posts
Philbie said:
Andy took that pic the weekend you were gone. He did an awesome job IMO. Considering that the bike is a 91 GSXR750. If I remember correctly you saw the school bus yellow streak pass you and disappear in the distance when you were on your 02 GSXR1000.
i was still a stunter back then....i don't think you can do that as easily now...
 

·
ASMA Racer
Joined
·
2,532 Posts
Not much clearance left, there, Clarence. Good thing there aren't many bumps in the carusel.
 

·
vvv HOTDOG NECK vvv
Joined
·
5,293 Posts
Pretty sure that's in the Mini. Andy got most of his pics there and in the Bus Stop.

Calm down Clay, I said Mini not Mimi.
 

·
Combat Marshmellow
Joined
·
13,132 Posts
Philbie said:
Pretty sure that's in the Mini. Andy got most of his pics there and in the Bus Stop.

Calm down Clay, I said Mini not Mimi.
you just wait till the formula amateur - i own you next month... :fiddy
 

·
vvv HOTDOG NECK vvv
Joined
·
5,293 Posts
Pass me on the last lap right?
 

·
Combat Marshmellow
Joined
·
13,132 Posts
Philbie said:
Pass me on the last lap right?
no you won't get me till the last lap this time... :eek:nfloor
 

·
vvv HOTDOG NECK vvv
Joined
·
5,293 Posts
I beg to differ. I know I can run 14's consistantly for the whole race. Can you run 18's consistantly? You know how the race screws with your head. Just remember the esses, your favorate place to mess up.
 

·
Combat Marshmellow
Joined
·
13,132 Posts
Philbie said:
I beg to differ. I know I can run 14's consistantly for the whole race. Can you run 18's consistantly? You know how the race screws with your head. Just remember the esses, your favorate place to mess up.
i will be running 16's consistantly :bitchslap :fiddy
were gonna be going ther direction i prefer...
 

·
vvv HOTDOG NECK vvv
Joined
·
5,293 Posts
badgixxer said:
i will be running 16's consistantly ...
For 15 laps? Exercise 4 times in a 3 week time frame and your ready for a Tri-Athalon? Now your sounding like the CC. :lao :bitchslap
 

·
Combat Marshmellow
Joined
·
13,132 Posts
thought you might like that one...
what's scarier the fact that i said it or that you understood it....
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top