Sport Bikes banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
www.fixedfocus.us
2,145 Posts
I am on the fence about these...Good deal on tires, but they call them dunslops for nothing...Every set I have always had would step out on me...Makes me want to stay away...but the price is almost too good to pass up....too many choices...

Not thread related, but I also see that a Cyclegear is coming to Lakeland. Anyone know where its gonna be?

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I'm happy with them, there ZR rated and I first have to break them in before I can make any assumptions. I would have rather buy the pirelli's but The deal for those just passes some time ago. The B208F are not being made anymore so this was the last load they had. Not cause the tire was defective, the 208gp is out now

·
www.fixedfocus.us
2,145 Posts
taino said:
I'm happy with them, there ZR rated and I first have to break them in before I can make any assumptions. I would have rather buy the pirelli's but The deal for those just passes some time ago. The B208F are not being made anymore so this was the last load they had. Not cause the tire was defective, the 208gp is out now
I believe it was the Qualifiers that replaced the D208s. I thought the 208GPs were the track race tire... could be wrong though

·
Registered
16 Posts
cory1848 said:
I am on the fence about these...Good deal on tires, but they call them dunslops for nothing...Every set I have always had would step out on me...Makes me want to stay away...but the price is almost too good to pass up....too many choices...

Not thread related, but I also see that a Cyclegear is coming to Lakeland. Anyone know where its gonna be?
Never had dunlop, but I doubt they could suck as bad as the oem battle axe bridgestones I had on my bike. I love me some Pirelli diablo's :boink

·
Registered
217 Posts
this is too strange. i just picked up a something in my rear tire on the way home! i just plugged it minutes ago. im going to check in the morning if the tire still holds air. i had to ride about 2 to 3 miles on the flat. i guess i got lucky, there was no damage to the rim. man i was haulin a$$! then i felt like something just wasn't right. the a$$ end was movin around. im so glad i didn't eat $hiot;)

·
Registered
198 Posts
hagasn said:
this is too strange. i just picked up a something in my rear tire on the way home! i just plugged it minutes ago. im going to check in the morning if the tire still holds air. i had to ride about 2 to 3 miles on the flat. i guess i got lucky, there was no damage to the rim. man i was haulin a$$! then i felt like something just wasn't right. the a$$ end was movin around. im so glad i didn't eat $hiot;)

gotta check the bike out before you get on :beer

·
Registered
217 Posts
true dat. then you would've got a call from me from my extraction point requesting an immediate evact. then you would've of prob. said "just fuchn ride it home bish";)

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So far the 208 have been great, Been riding the heck out of it and it feels great on the twisties. No complaint here. I did keep my Pirelli up front, it still has plenty of rubber and awesome grip. I'm told most people go through 2 rear tires before replacing the front !? Who knows, I have the new front sitting at home for when the time comes.

·
Registered
253 Posts
nf_ekt said:
Never had dunlop, but I doubt they could suck as bad as the oem battle axe bridgestones I had on my bike. I love me some Pirelli diablo's :boink
I do not know why everyone rags on the Battleax by Bridgestone. I have had a nail in one of them, but good traction otherwise. No complaints here about the battleax.

Cyce Gear was trying to sell me those dunlop 208s the last time I replaced my rear tire. Never had them before.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.