Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been searching around for a tank bag that doesn't use magnets or straps. The only solution I was having to go with was one of those silly things that clips to a leather cover that covers the whole of the tank ... which I don't like.

Until last weekend. I was reading MCN and someone was reviewing the 'Head Tourismo' that clips to a collar/brackets that you attach to the fill cap. A quick search found a great website that was able to deliver ina couple of days (and from outside the UK!)

Soft luggage - Tank bag Quick-Lock - RAD Moto garments, helmets and accessories

You need to order the bracket separately, but with postage it came to about 150Euros, about £94 in total.

It's seriously easy to fix (remove 4 of the 5 bolts around the filler cap and replace with ones in package to anchor the bracket to tank) and then simply clip bag to bracket. It's gfot a really simple mechanism to remove ... and barely touches the tank - no paint damage.

!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
616 Posts
DavidHopkins said:
Been searching around for a tank bag that doesn't use magnets or straps. The only solution I was having to go with was one of those silly things that clips to a leather cover that covers the whole of the tank ... which I don't like.

Until last weekend. I was reading MCN and someone was reviewing the 'Head Tourismo' that clips to a collar/brackets that you attach to the fill cap. A quick search found a great website that was able to deliver ina couple of days (and from outside the UK!)

Soft luggage - Tank bag Quick-Lock - RAD Moto garments, helmets and accessories

You need to order the bracket separately, but with postage it came to about 150Euros, about £94 in total.

It's seriously easy to fix (remove 4 of the 5 bolts around the filler cap and replace with ones in package to anchor the bracket to tank) and then simply clip bag to bracket. It's gfot a really simple mechanism to remove ... and barely touches the tank - no paint damage.

!!!
What's wrong with a magnetic bag? I have been using them for 20 years, no issues, no scratches or paint damage and never came loose. On and off in less than a second. Why would you want to screw with a latching/locking mechanism, anyway?

·
Super Pursuit Mode, Yo
2,073 Posts
Yeah, I like 'em. I've used the original Daypack with the SW Motech mount on the fizzer for years. I put the Daypack II on the RS. I never liked the mag bags either and with the plastic tank of the RS it was a no-brainer that I'd get another cap mount setup.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Had I have seen the Daypack before I ordered the Held one I might have gone for that, but they're both much the same capacity and fixture (in fact the bracket looks exactly the same ... might try it too in that case.

Only advantage of the Held one is the release mechanism is inside the bag protected in it's own little 'cord-shield'.

·
Super Pursuit Mode, Yo
2,073 Posts
Why does he have to justify his opinions regarding magnetic tankbags?

·
Registered
6,265 Posts
Why does he have to justify his opinions regarding magnetic tankbags?
I am not asking for justification. I just think it might prove to be interesting. I wonder if his reasons are different from others, who do not like magnetic tank bags.

·
Dirty Sanchez
1,180 Posts
i like my magnetic tank bag, but it wreaks havoc on a magnetic compass. so i got a gps.
apor

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
simple, I don't like the style and shape of the magnetic bags I've seen, plus the added 'problem' of scratches (whether you take the care or not, it 'might happen).

·
Banned
2,576 Posts
Looking at the mount, I don't think you're going to be immune from the possibility of scratches.....

There is so many styles of magnetic tank bags....you must be very particular to narrow your range down to the few clip on styles available

·
Premium Member
1,864 Posts
I like the idea of it, but just having the ugly mount there when the tank bag isn't mounted would steer me away from it. I am assuming scratching will still be an issue with this mount, because I doubt it keeps the tank bag from making contact with the tank.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts