Sport Bikes banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not really new at all, ive been around the board for a year or so, but ive never actually introduced myself, and i just started getting into more of the forums recently, so i figured id say hi. a few of you know me, but most probably dont.

anyways, been riding for about 6 or so years. started on an '87 GS450L, then had an '82 Maxim 550, then an f3, and then got a second f3, and now i also have a 2000 zx9r. do a decent bit of riding, and am planning a cross country trip next summer. or if i get a midwest trip done over spring break, then a buddy and i are considering driving up to alaska and back (from Va).

hoping to get into doing some track days soon, but havent had the time with school and all.

here are two of my current bikes, the first f3, and the zx9r, and in the middle pic, is a buddy's svs, he's the one id be traveling with, he's currently on a 8-10k mile cross country trip:

Attachments

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
I thought my ride from Seattle to Daytona was a long ride. VA to Alaska would be QUITE the ride. I wouldn't be able to do it now, not on my Duc, I'd be shot for a week after 1500 miles. Have fun whatever you decide to do, and welcome to the boards!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks

yeah, it will be intense if we do it. im definitely doing at least to cali and back, pretty much what my buddy is doing now. (he's in utah now, he went down through deals gap, out to texas, north through colorado and now he's in utah, heading to california tomorrow) the alaska idea is definitely a possibility though. although his sv and my zx9r would do fine for a US trip, going to alaska, we are both considering VFRs. we'll see what happens

1 - 3 of 3 Posts