Sport Bikes banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm very excited to be getting some new tires on my bike in the morning. I got Battlaxes again. I wanted to try the Pirelli Angels but couldn't quite afford them plus I already know I like the Bridgestones. She got a new chain and sprocket last week so I should be all good to go for the summer now. My car has been broken down for months now so the bike has unexpectedly became my only form of transportation and I have to say I kind of like it. It is sportbike week here in Myrtle Beach so I am planning on being at the shop at least an hour before they open to ensure I am one of the first in line.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are the BT-023 Sport Touring ones. I was just going to replace the rear with a cheaper tire last week but they wanted $160 at the shop for a Continental that wasn't even the exact size I run so I ordered a new set online. I am so glad I went that route. There's nothing like having a new set of tires. I have never just replaced the rear but I am sure it will ride much nicer with the new Bridgestones.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
I love the 023s, on my second set now and I don't think I'll be switching. I also had the previous 021s and liked those too. I tried Michelin Road 2s, they lasted forever and we're better than the Bridgestones in the wet, but lacked feel in the dry and got greasy when it got really hot. I also had Pirelli Angels and liked them a lot, higher performance than the Bridgestones, but they didn't last very long at all, and those were on a 675.

The 023 is a great ST tire, good purchase.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
6,000 miles since I bought my last set. This is only my 2nd new set of sport touring tires but is that all of the miles I can expect to get out of a set of tires? How many miles do you guys with the super-sports get out of your rears? Sure the front tire still has tread left, but the rear is past the point where is should have been replaced. I can't believe that is all of the miles I got out of those tires.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I have a BT-023 on the back of my 636. Love it. Right now I have 2k on it and it the profile hasn't changed.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
I got over 8k out of a 023 on my FZ1 and it was still good, just started to square off a bit. I had over 6k on the Michelins before the Yamaha got totaled and they still looked brand new. The Pirellis were solid for about 6k. I did over 10k on a 021 rear on my 650R, went through 2 fonts in that time, but those fronts were known to be bad.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
I've heard good things about those tires (023's) but got a better deal on Pilot Road 2's. When I had them on my ZZR1200 I never noticed them get greasy at all...and I did a track day in 90 degree weather on that 550lb pig with those tires. They held great. For the SV I bought a set of Angels when I got the bike last year. They were good grippy tires, and did well in the rain, but I only got about 5500 miles out of the rear and the front was dying as well. (And I'm very meticulous about air pressure. So it must be the road surfaces I ride on. A good few chip and seal surfaces that have settled. :() Was kinda hoping to get more mileage out of the Pilot Road 2s on this bike, seeing as the ZZR got 8000~ish. Just got them put on last week, front and rear, and I love the feeling of a new set after wearing out an old set. So nimble now...especially for that 420lb bike.

·
Deutsche Rüstungsteilung
14,312 Posts
The ST has Continental Road Attack 2 GT's. They just put them on before I bought it. Decent tire, but I'm thinking Angel's next.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I dont have hugh exp with tires but I will say I think my Pirelli Diablo Rosso II have better feel than Michelin Pilot Powers. I would not heistant to get either again. The difference is so slight that it reminds me Pepsi/Coke blind taste test.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I now run the 023s on the Triumph Trophy and am very satisfied with them.

They seem to tolerate the freeway without promptly flat-spotting. :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
bt23s will last you at least 8k. I have 7k on my back tire which is a bt23 (changed the front to a s20 2 days ago) and it has a lot of tread left

1 - 12 of 12 Posts