Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so as some already know my first ride was today and as i said what an experience! a few questions if you will. when entering a 90 degree turn like a parking lot or neighberhood how fast do you take the turns? do you countersteer or simply turn, 1st or 2nd gear.

also my oil cap twist on, so when i untwist it isnt it going to knock all the oil off? or do i just stick the dipstick in and thats as far as i need to go?

sorry noob here soooo many thoughts so many questions :)

·
Registered
498 Posts
You turn normally at low speeds such as from a stop. Entering 90 degree turns at speed takes a little practice and is usually countersteered. Depends on the turn.

As to oil, you should need to take the cap off at all. There should be a sight glass low on the engine (on the right side if memory serves) to let you check the oil level. You need to pull the bike vertically to properly check the oil level.

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
500dreams said:
ok so as some already know my first ride was today and as i said what an experience! a few questions if you will. when entering a 90 degree turn like a parking lot or neighberhood how fast do you take the turns? do you countersteer or simply turn, 1st or 2nd gear.

also my oil cap twist on, so when i untwist it isnt it going to knock all the oil off? or do i just stick the dipstick in and thats as far as i need to go?

sorry noob here soooo many thoughts so many questions :)
Take the turn at what ever speed you feel comfy at. The gear would probably be 1st or 2nd. Ant there is a site glass (should be)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Take the curve slow but not to slow..i just saw a lady drop her harly Davidson at the stop sign..i had to help her pick it up...sport bikes are much easier to control...easy turns and back ups....be safe dude,,,onewheelup

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
main thing is look where you wanna go, not at the corner or a few feet in ft, but where you wanna end up..........

msf? if not www.msf-usa.org learn to ride, 90% of accidents are by self-taught riders.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts