Sport Bikes banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just started riding and I bought myself a new bike. It's a Triumph Daytona 600. I never rode anything else (except in MSF) so I have nothing to compare it to. For those who know, is this a good bike? It seems to handle great, but thats just my opinion.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Is the Daytona a three cylinder like most of their other bikes? Nice looking bike, but I would agree that you should be REALLY careful and take your time. If you ride with your buddies try to resist the urge to show off and out do them.

Take care,

·
Registered
377 Posts
Oh man do I envy you. That is the bike I want, did you get it in red?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For now I only drive it around my apartment complex (besides driving it home from the dealers) until Im confident enough with my riding. And yes, I got it in red.

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
Congrats on the bike. Do you have gear? Be carefull on it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I only have a helmet right now. thats part of the reason i only drive around my apartment complex.

·
Registered
681 Posts
nig said:
It's a great bike, only it's way too much for you at this stage. Be very careful.
+10,000,000 And go buy more gear! Jacket, gloves and over the ankle boots at minimum. Pants are also a great idea.

·
Registered
681 Posts
neutom72 said:
Is the Daytona a three cylinder like most of their other bikes?
Not to pick on YOU specifically, BUT if you get into this sport...you really should research motorcycles from their origins, not just go by what you hear etc....LEARN about all facets of bikes in general, who makes what, how they work, how to fix them......knowlegde is power. :nerd

BTW, a quick search at the Triumph website would've answered the question.....it's a in-line 4 cylinder. :spank

·
Registered
377 Posts
PRJ you bastard! I want some pics.

·
Registered
143 Posts
PRJ said:
I only have a helmet right now. thats part of the reason i only drive around my apartment complex.
If you took MSF you had to at least have gloves and over the ankle boots. You should not even get back on the bike until you have a jacket as well.

·
Registered
522 Posts
The Daytona 600 is renowned for its excellent chassis and suspension, but it's underpowered (compared to Japanese Supersports) is the "weak point" of the bike. Despite this, that bike is more than you'll need for years to come. In fact, it's razor sharp performance can get you in trouble if you're not careful. Invest money into good gear and spend time in the seat, that's about all you can do. Great bike BTW, I wouldn't mind having one of those.

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
I think the Daytona's are badass, however, I'm guessing you just bought it for looks being that you didn't even know if it was a good bike or not... Definitley too much for someone with only MSF experience. You better buy some nice frame sliders so you don't f*** it up too much...

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
You know, I really didn't mean it that way... I was responding to this -
SicFLgirlR6 said:
You better buy some nice frame sliders so you don't f*** it up too much...
Don't want to ever see a fellow rider get hurt! Get those frame sliders on ASAP!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts