Sport Bikes banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Athens

Anybody ride near Athens? I'm at UGA now and wouldn't mind finding somebody to tear up the loop with on a nice saturday.

·
Google it SON!!
24 Posts
anybody around Hinesville/ Savannah? Want to set up a group ride down to daytona bike week early march...hit me up and lets ride!

·
Registered
39 Posts
would be interested sometime as well, there seems to be no one around here that I can actually call or know to ride with. I am in the pickens county area (jasper). weather has turned sucky but I still went riding even today after work (albiet a short ride) lol.
I generally can be contacted via cell text (770-401-9035) I need to get to know some like riders. I am rather new to the sportbike riding (decided to try them before I got to dern old to get to enjoy them). In saying that, I don't really know the limitation on it yet and not a knee dragger persay. However I just haven't practiced it feels unatural to me to stick my knee's out lol I lean hard but keep knees tucked to bike. Have no pads, just leather jacket, arm chaps, gloves, and boots. nothing special. still at the point that the superhawk feel topheavy at slow speeds heh heh. and short legged (still have to see if rear should be lowered a little bit but unsure about the how or the repercussions of doing so ) not enough experience yet on these only had it 6 months.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Seems like there has been alot of time between the posts here, but I will try anyway.

Anyone still in the Savannah area looking to hit up the twisties on the weekends?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Big gaps in activity here.
I'm up in Suches, GA on the weekends and Greenville, SC during the week if anyone wants to get together and ride.
I rode as an AMA Superbike privateer test rider in the 80's and do some track days still. But I'm not crazy on public roads. Too much carnage to be had.
Good spirited pace but no knee dragging for me. But I'll ride with anyone except cruiser riders. If you're an insane John Wayne then you'll have to wait a minute or two. Same thing if your pace is more relaxed than mine, I'll wait for you.

So let's ride!

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Count me in when I get back in jan if the weather isn't too bad. I actually enjoy the Suches area in the winter months, no one there, road all to yourself. We did a New Year's Eve day ride in 07, had a blast, tad bit chilly lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

·
Banned
7,613 Posts
What's up Georgia Bulldogs! Ill be in the area at the end of the month, just wondering what there is to do in Atlanta....is it worth getting a rental car? I dont know jack about the area and no SEC football games at the moment.

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
What's up Georgia Bulldogs! Ill be in the area at the end of the month, just wondering what there is to do in Atlanta....is it worth getting a rental car? I dont know jack about the area and no SEC football games at the moment.

Yes, get a rental you will need it. Plenty to do in Atlanta, find out where your hotel is then branch out from there. Buckhead is your best bet for clubs and dining, younger crowd. For shopping, Lenox Square mall. Downtown is touristy.

My Blog http://www.herown2wheels.com[/urlhttp://www.herown2wheels.com[/url

·
Banned
7,613 Posts
Damn, just returned last night. I didn't wind up getting a rental because they all seemed to pricy.

I'll be back in two months. What do you think of taking the MARTA to Buckhead? Is everything walking distance from the station?

Unfortunately, all the free time I'll have will be at nights.

·
Banned
7,613 Posts
By the way, I tried to e-shop for Bulldogs and it seems they're just as pricy there as California. I did notice that the dogs being sold there seemed to have better blood and genetics. :cheers

I'll probably adopt a mutt from the pound eventually but damn I love bulldogs.

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Damn, just returned last night. I didn't wind up getting a rental because they all seemed to pricy.

I'll be back in two months. What do you think of taking the MARTA to Buckhead? Is everything walking distance from the station?

Unfortunately, all the free time I'll have will be at nights.

Yep, you can walk to the mall and other spots from the station very easily.

Check outMy blog

41 - 56 of 56 Posts