Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I joined back after I bought my 08 R6 last June. I have been riding since I was 9, rode for 29 straight years,blah blah blah because of marraige,kid gave it up. I have held WERA & AMA expert licence from the mid 80's to the mid 90's (not that means shit lol,just sayin') but always hoping to meet folks around the Atl to ride with. And hell also hope to build some traffic in this dead ass section:banana So post up...

·
'The Cartographer'
114 Posts
are you still riding the R6?

I have a buddy in Loganville who rides a cruiser, but is going to buy an FZ6 today. He's fairly new to riding.

Let us know what your riding preferences are. I love to ride in the mountains, but I'm not a canyon carver by nature. I can usually keep up, but I usually don't ride at race pace.

I too, would like to see more activity here.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
are you still riding the R6?

I have a buddy in Loganville who rides a cruiser, but is going to buy an FZ6 today. He's fairly new to riding.

Let us know what your riding preferences are. I love to ride in the mountains, but I'm not a canyon carver by nature. I can usually keep up, but I usually don't ride at race pace.

I too, would like to see more activity here.
My friend I just want to get together with guys that like to RIDE! I at one time held a WERA/AMA expert licence and loved to drag the knee:) But at my age I am just looking to find some guys that enjoy hanging out and riding. I usually spend about 2 weekends a month hanging out with my son in B'ham but the other 2 I am ready to spend time in the saddle:) Please keep me in mind when ever you guys get together, geez I don't mind getting together for a ride that is basically a cruise and lunch. Lets get this section active again..what say you?

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also thanks Rodney for the get back, sent a pm to our mod but have not heard back. PS do you hang out on the Ga. sport bike site?

·
'The Cartographer'
114 Posts
Your on. I will try to help you add activity to this section of the site.

I try to ride every chance I get. I usually post meets at other sites due to the lack of traffic in this section. Usually hang out at sport-touring.net and a couple of other bike specific sites that tolerate me ( fjriders.com ).

I have not been on the Ga Sports bike site yet, but you are the second person to mention it to me so I guess I'll have to heard over there today and check it out.

I'm busy this weekend and next weekend I'll in Greenville, SC for the IMS on Saturday and in Greensboro, GA for the AMA National Enduro race ( I'm not competing ). Let me know if you are interested in carpooling to the IMS. I have one other rider from STN interested.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thats cool, send me a pm and I will shoot you some contact info. Ken. PS if you do happen to join up on GSB I have the same screen name there.

·
Ooh lawd!
8,466 Posts
Keep me in the loop - I'm game and right near most of ya'll (or on the way as you head up to the twisties!).

I've got the guilt-trip bug right now - I feel guilty leaving the preggo wife with the 2-year old for a few hours... but she swears to me she doesn't mind. Ya'll might be able to get me to throw on my leathers on a Sat or Sun morning.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Keep me in the loop - I'm game and right near most of ya'll (or on the way as you head up to the twisties!).

I've got the guilt-trip bug right now - I feel guilty leaving the preggo wife with the 2-year old for a few hours... but she swears to me she doesn't mind. Ya'll might be able to get me to throw on my leathers on a Sat or Sun morning.

We have 3 -4 people committed to going 2 morrow if the weather holds up. Look for a pm.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK we have 3 confirmed for tommorow and we might be getting out a little early for your time frame Rodney but I hope not, but the plan is for myself and another guy that lives in Loganville to meet up around 10:00 am and try to hook up with anyone else that wants to go in a spot convenient to ya'll and also conductive to heading to Blood Mtn. etc. If I don't get a reply sometime this evening I will still shoot you guys a pm in the morning. I will check here before I turn in tonight. Ken

·
'The Cartographer'
114 Posts
I won't be home until around 1pm. I could meet you guys somewhere around 2pm if you know where you will be. Otherwise, I will catch up with you guys another time.

A couple of other people have PM'd me so I may just ride with them.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I won't be home until around 1pm. I could meet you guys somewhere around 2pm if you know where you will be. Otherwise, I will catch up with you guys another time.

A couple of other people have PM'd me so I may just ride with them.

We are meeting up at 10:15 and going through Winder up the mtn. If we don't catch up this trip we will another time. You guys have a great ride.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hope you guys got to get out today. We got in a great ride and about 275 miles. Back in time to catch the 500 and get some laundry done lol.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What ride did ya'll do?
We started to head up to BM but figured it would be about 10 degrees cooler so we ended up on back roads from Loganville, Watkensville(?) Monroe, back through Auburn and even out in Brazellton down 53. Its was a little cool at 10:30 but it got better around lunch.

·
Ooh lawd!
8,466 Posts
Watkinsville! Dang, I coulda got some bits and nibs for my Duc :(

On them country road rides, I usually end up at Jeffrey's in Braselton, right across from Chateau Elan.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Seems like recently there have been a few (newbies) register on the board from Ga. If anyone that checks out this place would'nt mind try to say hello. More peeps is a good thing IMO.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts