Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I am a new rider from Suffolk County. I rode dirt bikes from the age of 12 till about 16. I am a lifelong Yankee fan (bleacher creature), love my Knicks and a die hard Gmen believer. I've owned a 03 cobra with a kenne bell and a 94 cobra with a On 3 powered 427W. I'm done with that all out drag race feel, and am looking to get back into riding maybe a little twisty work but nothing really serious.

THat being said I just got my NYS motorcycle permit and got a chance to tkae a spin on a ninja 650r, fz6r, fz-07 and a fz09.

Dang I have no idea which bike Im getting maybe a cbr650f or one of the ones I rode (EXCEPT the 09 that thing was a beast)

·
Super Moderator
18,635 Posts
Welcome <<<--- standard greeting

All great bikes, and you can't go wrong with any of them. Personally, I like the older FZ's with the undertail exhaust, but go with what ya like.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome <<<--- standard greeting

All great bikes, and you can't go wrong with any of them. Personally, I like the older FZ's with the undertail exhaust, but go with what ya like.
I was told the older FZ6's werent exactly beginner friendly. I dont know I never rode one before. Even though I have previous dirt experience I dont want to get in over my head. Hell that fz 09 surprised me with how much power it had. That thing was insane lol.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Welcome from fellow Long Islander. I don't think the older FZ6 would be over your head. Just be mellow on the throttle, till your skills develope. My FZ6 and and my FZ1 are extremely reliable bikes and very comfortable to ride.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Welcome. I was looking at an FZ8. Brand new marked down to $6499. Seemed like a decent deal and a decent bike. I really like the yellow FZ-09's.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Welcome from fellow Long Islander. I don't think the older FZ6 would be over your head. Just be mellow on the throttle, till your skills develope. My FZ6 and and my FZ1 are extremely reliable bikes and very comfortable to ride.
+1

I loved my FZ6 still miss it.

Gadfly, If you are worried about the FZ you can buy a throttle block for it (they use them in the UK) to make the bike tame and when you feel ready remove it. The only down side I'd say for a beginner besides the power is the seat is tall which would makes it tough when you aren't used to the weight of the bike.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts