Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sold the BMW R1100RT. Picked up this sweet, fast 04 Yammie FJR1300. I think Colorado for lunch sounds like a plan.......

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It really is a sweet ride. Certainly not a "sofa" like one may think. It makes tall hp for a bike of it's kind. I saw this very bike broken in right, then saw it on the dyno at a dyno shootout last year. The #s were right at 131ish RWHP. Nice.

I sold a sport/TOURER to buy this SPORT/tourer. With a wheelbase 4" longer than the Gixx, and a shafty, it's not gonna keep up with the Gixx (and others), but, I didn't buy it for that. It will however, run 160+ mph all day, in comfort, and handles good enuff to drag all the hard parts you fel like destroying.

Ima do a few mods to personalize it, and make it better yet. With the electric adj screen, hard bags, throttlemeister, 6.5 gal tank, Pilot Sport tires, etc that is alreay there tho'...it's ready for the long miles. Ima ride to Texas in Sept.

Deff more bang for the buck than the Beemer tho. :banana

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
you some kinda old dude or something? :)

·
Registered
224 Posts
:dblthumb Nice ride Gleno! For those who haven't had a chance to ride one they dont know what its about.

Going to the Yamaha dealer show @ Mandalay monday to check out all the new toys. Its good to have connections!

·
Full Time Slacker
3,178 Posts
Ah sweet, I love FJRs! How is the screen all the way up at freeway speeds? Over the top of the helmet or does it hit you right in the faceshield?

·
Registered
842 Posts
kviper said:
:dblthumb Nice ride Gleno! For those who haven't had a chance to ride one they dont know what its about.

Going to the Yamaha dealer show @ Mandalay monday to check out all the new toys. Its good to have connections!

lemme know ill roll in with you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts