Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found my "new" baby. She is a 2013 ZX-6R with 2194 miles purchased today with the following mods: a 2 Bros M-2 CF, integrated led tail light w/sequential turn signals, fender eliminator, brand new PC5, Kawasaki factory cover, tank pad with front and rear stands along with all stock parts for $7000.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
So clean, love it. Nice find! Although I'm assuming that's your first bike, so I'd definitely get some frame sliders. And don't skimp on good gear, skin grafts are expensive.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Thats a kick as deal. You can ride it for 2-3 years and probably just sell it for 5900 since the big $$ has been taken already.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
So clean, love it. Nice find! Although I'm assuming that's your first bike, so I'd definitely get some frame sliders. And don't skimp on good gear, skin grafts are expensive.
Lol, thanks for the advice. All new riders and even veteran riders should take this into account.

But no, this is not my first bike although my first supersport. I rode weak 120cc motorscooters in Asia, then a GS500F for a year and now upgrading. But yes, I have already ordered my frame sliders (don't plan on dropping it and have yet to drop my GS but I like the "insurance" plan more than the replacement plan) along with a suppressor so my neighbors won't hate me as much. This two brothers is a beast

Thats a kick as deal. You can ride it for 2-3 years and probably just sell it for 5900 since the big $$ has been taken already.
Yes, most definitely. I see alot of 2011s going for close to $6K still but promised the missus that this would be the last sportbike for me and after that, I will graduate to cruiser/Goldwingville so I'm riding her until she croaks.

·
13 motorsports
742 Posts
promised the missus that this would be the last sportbike for me and after that, I will graduate to cruiser/Goldwingville so I'm riding her until she croaks.
I give you one season on it before you are posting a thread about your new s1000rr. :lgh2

·
Registered
743 Posts
My ZX6r also came with a two brothers and I also tried to quiet it down. It lost a chunk of low end when I did so and on the street you spend 95% of your time in the lowend. A tune might would have helped, the insert turned sooty black, meaning rich. Course its also possible my bike has a tuner richening it up and I just dont know about it (havent looked under the tank).
Anyway, I traded it for a yoshi plus midpipe which is about as loud as the two bros was with the insert but feels strong on bottom end.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My ZX6r also came with a two brothers and I also tried to quiet it down. It lost a chunk of low end when I did so and on the street you spend 95% of your time in the lowend. A tune might would have helped, the insert turned sooty black, meaning rich. Course its also possible my bike has a tuner richening it up and I just dont know about it (havent looked under the tank).
Anyway, I traded it for a yoshi plus midpipe which is about as loud as the two bros was with the insert but feels strong on bottom end.
Do you recall what you used for the insert?

·
Registered
743 Posts
Do you recall what you used for the insert?
P1-X, the quietest one they make (made specifically for it by two bros). Its just a venturi that tapers towards the inside of the pipe. At idle it is a good bit more subdued and no booming bass but I could still hear it clearly inside my brick house from any room, feed it some revs and and the decibels skyrocket.
IMO the two brothers sounds like a growly european road race car until 10k revs or so. The yoshi and most other pipes ive heard have more of clean howl.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
P1-X, the quietest one they make (made specifically for it by two bros). Its just a venturi that tapers towards the inside of the pipe. At idle it is a good bit more subdued and no booming bass but I could still hear it clearly inside my brick house from any room, feed it some revs and and the decibels skyrocket.
IMO the two brothers sounds like a growly european road race car until 10k revs or so. The yoshi and most other pipes ive heard have more of clean howl.
Well, that's great lol. I just ordered the P1X power tip on Sunday, right before I got the bike. Will see how that goes. I would like a more unique sound than stock but not anything this loud.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Since purchasing the bike, I've installed frame sliders, the baffle/silencer (which is awesome), pair valve block off, and installed high industrial reflective rim tape which is plain white rim tape in the daytime and once it gets a tad darker or skies are grey, if light hits it, it reflects.

Here's a picture from my phone taken with the flash on and nothing more

1 - 11 of 11 Posts