Sport Bikes banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 R6 Limited.

Would like to change the pipe to the 07 style shorty. Is there a conversion kit? Can this be done?

·
rebel litre
3,748 Posts
don't think so but if you find a good fab guy i don't think it would be a prob.
as long as your willing to spend.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Choco said:
possible, but you'll need to fab a converter tube for the new pipe.
Yeah, I'm think cutting the exsisting pipe close to the header. Fabricate mounting for the new shortie, and then fab a connector pipe to match it up.

I am concerned with the noise. I know the 07s have a seperate muffler under the fairing inbetween the pipe and header. My friend just bought the 07, and he is swappin out his pipe for a slip on. I will prolly pull my Micron off and just attach his stock shortie to hear the difference.

Still find it hard to believe none of the mod manufacturers have come up with a kit to convert the older pipes.

·
Registered
284 Posts
R6Rupture said:
FABRICAR.COM where i got my el cheapo exhaust sells conversion heads but youd probly be able to make something similar for alot less.if you just want the look and sound get the slip on.i looooove it

http://www.myfabricar.com/
I bought the same one a while back. It got way too annoying. I loved it at first but later realized it was giving me headaches from all the noise. Way too loud. Looks cool though. I ended up buying a real slip on. Akrapovic carbon fiber. Couldn't be happier.... :boink

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
R6Rupture said:
FABRICAR.COM where i got my el cheapo exhaust sells conversion heads but youd probly be able to make something similar for alot less.if you just want the look and sound get the slip on.i looooove it

http://www.myfabricar.com/
Oh yeah - now I see it....the slip on is the cheaper,louder addition. It cost you some $$$ to quiet her down. But you get header, muffler and slip on.

Sweet thanks!

·
Supersquid
1,127 Posts
strictly_veedub said:
I bought the same one a while back. It got way too annoying. I loved it at first but later realized it was giving me headaches from all the noise. Way too loud. Looks cool though. I ended up buying a real slip on. Akrapovic carbon fiber. Couldn't be happier.... :boink
i know, i sent you a pm asking where you got it when i saw it on your bike in the r6 pics sticky.i just had to have one, you said you had to wear earplugs when you rode and not to get one cause its not just loud but rediculously loud.i was sold.!.looks awesome too, completes my bike i think.i often sit in the garage just staring at it.

Attachments

·
Registered
284 Posts
R6Rupture said:
i know, i sent you a pm asking where you got it when i saw it on your bike in the r6 pics sticky.i just had to have one, you said you had to wear earplugs when you rode and not to get one cause its not just loud but rediculously loud.i was sold.!.looks awesome too, completes my bike i think.i often sit in the garage just staring at it.
Oh yeah, I remember you. Sweet bike BTW. Love the paint job. I'm glad you like it. Too much for my ears though. Maybe I'm just a big pus!! :eek:nfloor I still love the look of it that's for sure. If there was someway to fabricate a muffler under the bike like the new 6's there'd be no complaints.

·
mmm mmm good...
6,958 Posts
^you could grab a header from an '06....they have the CAT and muffler but im not sure it would fit (probly not)

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Choco said:
^you could grab a header from an '06....they have the CAT and muffler but im not sure it would fit (probly not)
somebody on this site must know if it fits....

ANYONE????!!!!!

Maybe someone has the header out ......i can be the ginny pig and try it....

ANYONE??????!!!!!

·
Wishin' I was ridin'...
116 Posts
stock 06-07 header/ slip-on's go for cheap all day on ebay.. i've been wanting to try this for a while now but never have the time.. give it a shot and let us know how it goes!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
okay, found one on ebay......buy it now $99, plus ship..little to steep
I'll keep my eyes open......

gonna put a WTB in the classifieds...see what I come up with.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts